• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flyboy on TV

There's no 500' water carry. I don't think he was throwing an actual hole.

He was throwing from #9s basket(the one near #3s basket) across to the #14's. Kelly told me about it yesterday. Was a crush.

Good aspects of the Georgia Traveler clip:

• Using professional golfers like Courtney McCoy and Phil Arthur
  • Showing the signature hole and repeated shots across the water at the peninsula green
  • Maddie the Golden Disc Retriever
  • Phil's approach shot which he cans
  • Keith Johnson completely airballing a short putt :D

Not as good aspects of the clip:

• Giving David the Georgia Traveler rep what looked to be very overstable discs, and having him throw right toward a garage. Seriously?
  • Them repeatedly showing the ridiculous ground basket

Actually, I started David Zelski out with my most understable discs: a horrifically beat up R-Boss which he threw into the equipment shed, and a 129g Blizzard Katana which he hyzered into their crew van window. It didn't break, by the way. Once David got the hang of it, I switched him to a Stratus, and Road Runner which he handled pretty well.

They filmed an entire day, acquiring hours of video for the 6 min piece. I didn't have a hand in the editing. I wouldn't have focused on the buried basket so much either, or at all for that matter. The could've shown some decent veggies in Wayne's garden, a couple of little green tomatos doesn't do it justice at all.

For the most part though, I was happy with the job they did, and the guys were great to work with.

Kelly

Latest posts