• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flyboy to So Cal (AL,LA,TX,NM,AZ,UT,NV,CA,CO

18Down

Par Member
My girl is close to finishing her Ph.D! She needs a well deserving break and that leads us to a cross country trip to see her father in Kanab, UT. After all her hard work people ask, "What are you going to do next?" Her reply is, "become a professional disc golfer." :doh:That being said, a disc golf cross country road tripp 2012 here we come! :thmbup:Being from Atlanta, we would start our trip at Flyboy and hit up every worthy course all the way to So Cal. and then maybe to Colorado!
We are sticking to the the south side of the country to stay away from the snow if possible. We will not leave until the beginning of February and we really don't have an end date. I guess until we run out of money?!? We are going to sight see, eat, drink and go see live music as well so if you have a good tip on anything non-disc golf related I would greatly appreciate it.
We have compiled a list of cities that we will be traveling to. This is our tentative route and could change but should be a guideline to where we are headed. If you want to show us around your favorite course please reply and maybe we will get to meet. A course guide can be very beneficial! If you live near or between any of the following cities don't be afraid to chime in to give your advice.

Atlanta, GA
Birmingham, Al
New Orleans, LA
Beaumont, TX
Austin, TX
Carlsbad, NM
Tuscon, AZ
Page, AZ
Kanab, UT
Las Vegas, NV
Lake Havasu, AZ
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
Lake Tahoe, CA
Granby, CO
Denver, CO

Thanks Y'all,
Kade Atkinson #34569

Not sure to be exact, March some time. I do expect snow in some of these spots but there is a chance we do this for a couple of months.

Let me know when you're in/near lake Havasu city. I'll show you around our tough wide open short 9 holer, and well cross over the London bridge to get there.

Going from Austin to Beaumont, you don't want to check out any Houston courses?

@midnightbiker my cousin is in Beaumont and Austin is a must see as far as cool cities so Im not sure if we will make it but its close enough that its not out of the realm...

@gcr I may take you up on that offer...

@snappy will do, thanks!

Bypassing Jackson MS? If you are passing through you should def play the Rez!

@midnightbiker my cousin is in Beaumont and Austin is a must see as far as cool cities so Im not sure if we will make it but its close enough that its not out of the realm...

@gcr I may take you up on that offer...

@snappy will do, thanks!

If you are going from Austin to Beaumont, you are going to go right though Houston

on your ending near Denver, hit me up. But definitely get a Tee time for Phantom Falls and then play Beaver Ranch, would be a great way to end a road trip. especially if it's late march early April for Beaver Ranch.

Sintex Sunday meetups

Hit us up if you are in Austin on a Sunday. We have a Sunday league/meetup at 8:30am (9am when it's cold) with many of us playing another course after lunch.

Most of us play randomly throughout the week as well. Let me/us know!

Play the Mountains

The most unique part of Colorado is the Mountains. The variety of shots you can get from elevation changes is wonderful. I recomend coming through the southern part of the state and playing in Pagosa Springs, Monte Vista, and Alamosa. Check us out on the map.

When you get to Beaumont hit me up. My fiance is a pro women and not many women around here other than her. Let me know and we'll show y'all around.

If you are coming through Tupelo, MS, you should play Trace State Park. Let me know of you come through here and I'll make sure it is in gold position, par 69!

If you're going to San Francisco, skip the crowds and go play both Stafford Lake in Novato (30 minutes north over the Golden Gate Bridge) and Skyline Wilderness Park in Napa (30 minutes east of Novato). They're both top notch courses.

Then, head to San Jose and play two great 9 hole courses, Hellyer and De La Raza, on your way down to Santa Cruz/Monterey. You need two days there to enjoy DeLaveaga and Pinto Lake, and then CSU Monterey Bay and Ryan Ranch.

I play Stafford and Skyline all the time, so hit me up if/when you head down.

Tim S.

Latest posts