• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flywood

I've never seen anything like it. It's a great idea though, provided you don't get splinters and like firm discs. I would definitely try one if I had the opportunity.

Someone on here made a wooden disc, you guys can search for the thread and what not.

I could hardly read through the website it was so poorly written....but what a cool idea! I don't think I'd try to throw one on the course, but they'd make really awesome trophies.

I would imagine they would warp pretty hard or crack if they hit a tree.

I can definitely see some durability issues with it being wood and all,
but my home course is a really nice, grassy park, pretty open, too.
I think it will novel an fun but I don't see it getting used around roads and trees too much. I have some Vibrams for the trees...

@yearofrolling
Around here, there are so many hills and trees. Lots of tight fairways. They're laminated, which usually is pretty strong, especially if the grain crosses over. I could imagine they're sealed, too. But humidity would kill them just as much as trees or a road would.

When I get mine I'll throw them and let you guys know. It'd be nice to get some sort of guarantee against cracking (since the site claims none have ever cracked before :rolleyes:).

I agree the site is written such that it seems like english is their second language.

Seems like the putter would get pretty beat up fast from hitting the basket/chains.

The website doesn't have any info on the flight characteristics of the discs which would be helpful. I wonder how consistent the discs are as far as that goes or if they all fly uniquely.

Latest posts