• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Footwear Waterproofing sprays/treatments

33tango

Birdie Member
I'm looking for an alternative to Nikwax, don't get me wrong I'd like to try it, but the shipping is killing me, one place wanted as much as $11 to ship me a 4 ounce spray priced at $8.

Does anyone use a waterproofing treatment for synthetic/leather boots that they can recommend? I'm looking for something reasonable commercially available that I can local purchase. I live near Savannah, population about 330,000 estimated 2008, so not a tiny rural city.

Thanks!

Kiwi, the most popular retail shiecare brand, offers three levels is protector spray. Regular grey bottle, red cap super protector, and green can silicone. If the shoes are only for dg, and water is the main concern, I'd suggest the silicone. It hurts breathability but offers the best protection. All three are around ten bucks.

Go to most sporting goods stores and you can buy the nikwax spray, I've found it at Dick's, Cabela's, and REI.

I've used the Nikwax stuff for leather on my Sportiva Makalu mountaineering boots. Those boots don't have Gore-Tex, and it works well. I haven't used it on my new Merrells.

Latest posts