• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehand and hip action

Thediscgolferguy

Par Member
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, have been playing for about two years.

Regarding the forehand there is a lot of info on grip, wrist action and all of that, but I feel like the hip part of the throw is rarely talked about.

I've been throwing about 330 forehand almost from the start, it did not take me long after starting to get some distance on my forehand - but I've been kind of stuck there for all this time, I get good snap, very little wobble and power from my upper body, but my main issue seems to be my hips not being fully engaged in the throw, almost like I don't get the full rotation in the hips. I'm pretty sure I've identified my area of growth - but I need some help from you guys. Some drills or similar references would be great on how to lead the throw and fully engage with the hips.

Thanks!

I've been messing around a bit using the drills/instructions in my yard. So if I understand it correctly getting my hips to fully rotate is much about how I'm "drifting" into my front foot? And I should keep my weight somewhat back and leaning into the left leg plant?