• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehand form

SMcVicker91

At this point I'm just trying to get the snap down, so i'm not incorporating any kind of run-up or much of a reachback, trying to keep it smooth. Just wondering if I'm on the right track and if I can improve my stance/posture, weight shift, etc.

https://youtu.be/sVCEyJ2LbEE

To embed the video just put that part of the URL after the v= into the youtube tags.

You are shifting in front, rather than anchoring your hips and getting leverage on the disc. This results in a flingy throw without leverage, and it looks like you're getting an early release as well...likely to try to hit your line because of being opened up/shifting in front. To put it simply, your axis is the left leg/spine, and you can see 100% of your body weight is to the right of it. Everything just freely spins to the right and in front of your spine/the plant leg. There isn't any counterweight or leverage to really continue pulling/slinging the disc through the hit. Once you start the throw, then it's just a forward motion and you can't really input any more leverage.

This video really helped me. Exactly copy how he lines up his hips to get that leverage into the log. You should feel how to use your hips to use your body weight to hit through the log. This is your imaginary hit point that you'll want to pull the disc through. Once you've felt this, maybe with a hammer or something heavy so you have good feedback, you should be able to feel it with a disc. Doing this swing plane as in the video will help you feel the leverage with gravity helping. Then just adjust the plane so it's more of a flat release with a disc, but maintaining similar hip setup and leverage.

Last edited:
^ Yeah, you aren't clearing the front hip/swiveling hips centered. You are just standing up out of compression and orbiting the rear hip around the front hip.

Latest posts