• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form analysis

Using the x-step you do, you are significantly robbing yourself of the ability to generate power with the legs and hips.

Compare what we each do during our second step and you should see what I mean.

You need to turn back further on the plant or stay back. You open your foot before your plant and don't really properly shift your weight.

I really appreciate the tips and the videos. A lot of good info there for me to digest and work on to improve my form. I developed my x-step early when I started 4 years ago and have stuck with it since. It will take some work but I will try to transition my x-step. It makes sense how I can generate more power, especially seeing how forward facing my plant step is there.

I have some work to do. I'm always striving to improve and welcome any criticism that is noticed in my form. I will work on this and try to post an updated video at some point when I feel I've made the necessary adjustments mentioned here.

Thanks again Mike C and sidewinder22

Last edited: