• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Check, slowly getting somewhere

jerkwagon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfcDlzCAK8

was trying to wind and unwind leading with teh shoulders. my avg is 270 but sometimes i can get a hold of one to 350 ( 3rd throw) but usually my Good throws are 290..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfcDlzCAK8

was trying to wind and unwind leading with teh shoulders. my avg is 270 but sometimes i can get a hold of one to 350 ( 3rd throw) but usually my Good throws are 290..

There are some components to like, but I think you are spinning out from the rear foot rather than "shifting from behind." That's limiting the power you're getting from the ground even though you have some good things going on in the upper body:

Yeah, you're having one of the problems that I used to have and that's not "maintaining center" with some of the same root causes; kinda interesting watching somebody else do it, haha.

My advice would be don't "TRY" to x-step because right now, you're only doing it cosmetically so it's not actually doing you any favors. If you stride on a straight line you'll feel your right hip come forward/up and lead the stride, if you can maintain keeping your right hip forward then your left foot HAS to x-step naturally. And, the only way to keep your right hip forward is to be moving laterally towards the target the entire time.

Something that helped me really feel this was grabbing a small weight plate (2.5lbs) and going through my form because it's enough weight that you can't manipulate it the way you would a disc. The throw should feel more like a "pulling motion," like you're pulling the weight towards the target instead of a spinning motion. When you throw well you'll actually feel the heaviness of the disc.

Right hip forward is going to be a weird feeling, by the way. It took me a long time to do it because there's a level of "trust" it takes to allow it to happen. A cosmetic X-step is easy because it feels safe/stops you from falling but letting go of that and allowing your body to move as it wants to will be a game changer. Seriously, grab a weight and step with the intention of constantly pressing your right hip forward until you feel your left leg want to "catch" in the X-step

Last edited:

Latest posts