• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form critique for me and my friend

vindog321

Hi everybody. Me and my friend just had a good video taken of us throwing in a field and was wondering if you guys could give us some tips on what we're doing wrong or what we're doing right. I'm left-handed he's right-handed. He has since fixed is pull through, in the video he's pulling through really at his shoulders but now he's pulling through lower which fixed his nose up release. We got mostly backhand but there's also some side arm thrown in. Thanks guys!

https://youtu.be/aGbORUZlWPE

Vdog, both of you are rounding, your friend has very little hip/shoulder turn from when he plants the front foot, he is opening up before the plant.

Your throws look a lot better and you do almost the opposite going to far and take your arm around across your body too far in the backswing(telegraphing anhzyer, but throwing hyzer), your plant position is better though as you are turned further back, and your arm/disc moves outward to become straighter inline, but that's just wasted acceleration instead of keeping your arm/disc out wider away from behind your body and inline to the trajectory. You are leaning back and forth a bit instead of staying more balanced/centered, your front foot goes a bit high and backward in the stride(You are going to kick the wall in the hershyzer before you butt hits it). Stride your front foot more sideways gliding just above the ground and then turn it(and your body) backward slightly into the plant. If you are throwing for distance whether hyzer-flip or anhyzer, you should be throwing out to the right(LHBH) and letting the disc turnover, all your shots are starting out to the left instead.

Thanks a bunch. I definitely feel that I reach behind myself in my reach back.
I wasn't really throwing for max d here though because there's a house down there that is in range haha, I was just throwing some hyzers.

Latest posts