• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

form help

You look really off balance here. Also you're not getting your entire body in the reach back.

To help keep your balance get more in an athletic stance and have more of your upper body and shoulders over your feet. Not drastically but more.

For the reach back you're not getting your hips into your throw. Or shoulders. I'm not as good as sidewinder into explaining these things by text but watch pro videos and notice their shoulders and hips in the reach back and hit point.

I think you're overextending your front leg which isn't allowing you to get a solid push off your back foot and keeping you from getting your weight over your front foot when the disc is getting in to the hit. could be wrong about that though. something about it just doesn't look like the timing is right.

also you're going through everything way to fast and it doesn't look fluid. you don't need to move all that fast until the disc is right at the hit where you're accelerating. it's probably throwing off your balance.

at some point sidewinder will come in and give you much better feedback.

Yeah seeing yourself on video the first time is very humbling. Before I would always spin out and around trying to get my hips into the throw. This was my first attempt at moving forward and trying to balance on the plant foot to keep from whipping my weight/rear leg around. Obviously there is work to be done.

Slow it and smooth it, don't let your rear heel touch the ground(you are pushing off it). Keep the x-step and plant steps shorter and stay in better athletic posture(you are throwing with your legs way apart like a horse stance) should be some squeeze between the knees. Your front hip is always moving forward, it should stop/brace your weight/spine and clear back. Footwork should look more like a ballerina.

Latest posts