• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form work Please advise!

corbin20

My first ever post on here. I browse a lot and see a lot of good things. I’m going to jump into the heart and try not to make this very lengthy. There are many things I do incorrectly I’m sure. But I’m trying to fix this issues first because I feel it’s my most hindering mistake. I cannot for the life of me stop taking an ENORMOUS last step. I’ll try to add video but trust me it is too big. My plant foot comes down before my back heel lifts. Essentially, I am throwing flat footed. And Instead of twisting my hips into my plant I am more or less just bouncing my hips from back to front. Not rotating them on a mostly on a vertical plane with my spine. I need to find a way to not take such a big last step, (I’ve tried so hard and every video I take I think I’m not doing it, but I am) and a way to trust my plant and really be able to slam into it. Hopefully that will make me not throw flat footed anymore too. If anyone thinks they have a tip I have not heard, or just have a different perspective on it that has helped them or someone else. Please, send it my way!
https://youtu.be/_v21QUlqKtA

Yeah, you are reaching out with your front leg and you drop vertical on the rear leg and then trying to drive horizontal off the rear leg too late - out of sequence. You actually start rising upward into the plant instead of dropping lower.

You want your rear leg drive to put the front foot/side down into the plant. Dingle Leg the front leg, hanging from the hip socket and drive/set the front foot down from the rear side. Should be driving horizontal and then dropping vertical into plant/next stair with horizontal drive finished before planting so you don't push yourself over down the stairs.

i appreciate the quick response. ive seen these videos before but it has been a while. im going to do all these drills RIGHT NOW.

One thing that helped not reaching out with the brace leg and instead fall into it is easy to see in this video by Simon Lizotte (at 4:35 and also later in the vid).

Think of it more like bracing against falling diagonally forward. You can see Simons whole body lean forward to the left of the teepad like he's about to fall on his face. To stop this from happening he catches himself with the front leg. He doesn't reach. He just stops himself from falling. Then the trailing side of the body will swing through effortless, and so will the throwing arm. It's a balance thing and you will have to give it some time and trust yourself while falling and catching.
It's REALLY difficult (almost impossible) to stand up before brace if you are falling like this. Think about it.

think of it like catching yourself from falling. i like that. im going to try it out. its so subconscious when i step out that far. i need to find a new way to look at it. hopefully this works.

Latest posts