• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fort Gordon - Marine/Navy Course

Dang! Another quality course in the Augusta area?! And only 7.5 miles from the gem that is PKP?
Looks like Augusta is making a run for DG Mecca designation.

Last edited:
I played a brand-new course at Ft. Gordon while visiting my wife's niece and nephew stationed there about maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Is this a second new course there?

I was heartbroken when he got stationed elsewhere, but at least I got to visit greater Augusta a couple of times and putt my putter into Steady Ed's 1974 basket at the museum...

Thanks for the link! I didn't do quite as good as those guys. I played the 20 hole layout and was +7.

I played it on Saturday, and the course is a BEAST! Haha. I don't quite have the arm for it, but it was a blast. Very good challenge. Tons of variety, and lots of terrain. If you do play though be ready for a hike. There are lots of hills to climb.

If you are looking for a challenge I highly recommend this course. As a bonus there are two other courses (Army and Air Force) right beside it. They are both 9 holes, but flow together as one 18 hole course. Not nearly as challenging as the Marine/Navy course, but still very nice courses.

Definitely worth the trip. However, it is a military base, so you will have to stop at the visitor center and get a guest pass. They take your ID, finger prints, and run a background check. A little awkward to play a round a disc golf, but it's worth it to play the course. This might actually be a good thing because it will keep a few of the...how do you say it...less than pleasant types off of the course.

Anyway, I might write an official review if I get some time.

Dang! Another quality course in the Augusta area?! And only 7.5 miles from the gem that is PKP?
Looks like Augusta is making a run for DG Mecca designation.

I'll make the argument that the Augusta area courses (IDGC, Hippodrome, Langley Pond and Boyd Pond) are just as good as the Charlotte-area courses (Renny, Nevin, Bradford, Hornets Nest, Winthrop, Canaan, Stumpy). Langley and Jackson are better than anything we have in Charlotte, considering Renny Gold as the top course in town.

As much crap as PK gets, if it's the 10th best course in your area, you've got an amazing disc golf scene. PK is solid for being an easier, beginner friendly course.

Latest posts