• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Found 2 discs in one bush

Nathanbr2

Birdie Member
so when I was playing earlier today, my friend threw his gazelle into some bushes off the tee. As i began to search, I found a almost brand new star teerex...but it has a number on it, so i'm going to try tommorow to get it back to him.

when i continued my search, I ran across a tourney-stamp Elite Z surge. No name, number or otherwise. at least I got one disc out of it ;)

so my question is...how often does this occur? finding two discs within about 3 feet of each other

More often than you think, especially if it's a big bush. It's also refreshing to hear of someone throwing a Gazelle.

It's refreshing to hear of big bushes. I miss the days of the big bush; they are all trimmed so tight these days. You never find anything in such neatly trimmed bushes. :)

A friend and I were putting near some bushes when he says "dude, are there two discs in there?" Sure enough, there were two noticeable discs within arms reach into the bush. We pulled out a Rancho Roc and San Marino Roc, both nicely seasoned. In all honesty, there is no reason why they shouldn't have been found by the thrower, but neither had a name/number so into the bag they went.

Lol I've found two white pro wraiths with blue stamps sitting right beside eachother in a pond. Thank maybe guy tin.cupped it?

you find the most green and yellow disk in the bushes the more thorns the better luck of finding one lol but as far as lakes go i went in one time to fech my own and found 6 other disk but not mine lol

i play a course where there is a big thick Forrest down and to the left of the tee pad. The course gets lots of traffic from a wide range of skill level. so you get those people who are throwing discs they shouldnt be or just not throwing it correctly and hyzering way into that thick brush.

its a goldmine for new or old plastic

I occasionally pull 2-3 out of the same tree.

A couple trees on my home course catch better than any basket I've ever seen.

I read the thread title and all I could think of was "OUCH!". :p

Heh. Though very much along those same lines.

The best I've ever witness was my buddy Joe finding two discs in two consecutive fairways. Just out and in the open.

there's some massive bushes at Rogers Lakewood in Valpo, IN. My cousin and I found 3 discs within 10 feet a few years back. i recently found a disc that was the worst color for a disc, it was the same color as leaves in the fall. it was sitting right on top of some leaves and still was almost invisible.

there's some massive bushes at Rogers Lakewood in Valpo, IN. My cousin and I found 3 discs within 10 feet a few years back. i recently found a disc that was the worst color for a disc, it was the same color as leaves in the fall. it was sitting right on top of some leaves and still was almost invisible.

Yeah, I'll 2nd the Rogers Lakewood bushiness. Most of the course is ok, but a couple of holes are brutally thick.

Yeah, I'll 2nd the Rogers Lakewood bushiness. Most of the course is ok, but a couple of holes are brutally thick.

i hear you on the scary brush a latimer lakes in horn lake mississippi the trees have thorns 2" long and their on most of the holes some of my friends have disk you can hold to the light and easy count 7 to 11 thorns embedded in them

I went last night to try for my buddies Beast up in the tree from earlier in the day. While walking over I find a brand new Star TeeRex. Walk over, throw rocks at the tree for like 5 minutes, walk along the ditch back to the car, and find a brand new Z Surge. Never got the tree disc though.

I have a magic pee spot at Lake Casitas. Both times I've stopped to relieve myself there I've found a disc. One's a beat to hell Aviar and the other is a flat pearly fly-dye Orc. No ink on either. The fly-dye job isn't super cheesy like the crap they sell these days.

I have a magic pee spot at Lake Casitas. Both times I've stopped to relieve myself there I've found a disc. One's a beat to hell Aviar and the other is a flat pearly fly-dye Orc. No ink on either. The fly-dye job isn't super cheesy like the crap they sell these days.

You mean to say your magic pee spot isn't "on boobs?":\

It's refreshing to hear of big bushes. I miss the days of the big bush; they are all trimmed so tight these days. You never find anything in such neatly trimmed bushes. :)

i love you paul :D

when are you coming down to STL again?

which is exactly why i will NEVER own anything tye-dyed.

WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much chance of it blending in and getting lost.

Latest posts