• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

found disc with multiple numbers on it

You gotta blow them all up. That many #'s means its a good disc, because everybodys tryin to claim it.
Due diligence will reward you will endless good karma.

how old are we talking here?

I've never successfully gotten ink off of a disc that's older than a few days.

No idea man, it's only ever failed me once. I bought an Ape third hand at PIAS and it took all the black sharpie off. It was substantial too.

The only one I've gotten that it wouldn't take off was on a lucid Truth that it faded a lot but wouldn't fully take off.

Maybe the ORIGINAL owner? I've sold discs with my name on them before.
I have too, and I've also bought and traded for inked discs... but I cross names off and write the word Trade next to the crossed off name.

Who ever had it last is the dumb one for not marking out the previous owners ink if they were really worried about getting it back if lost...???

The first thing I do with an inked disc ( if I actually buy one, which I mostly never do ) is try to wipe it and just "X" out the previous info and then give it a good scrub down in a nice warm bath :).

Throw it for a while and when you get sick of it, put your name and number on it too and throw it in the weeds and see if someone calls you. Maybe it will become a traveling chain disc and ten years from now you could all get a call for a party.

Wait better yet don't call the guy but then do call the guy but then pretend not to be the guy calling the other guy about the disc. Blah blah blah. If your on the boards about something so trivial why not look at your own moral codes and decide what's right. Nut up and make some calls or don't . It's suuuuhper simple. I promise.

DNA test it at least. Call and ask for samples.

haha, I was at Gettysburg (civil war battlefield 1863) and overheard a guy tell his girlfriend that if you brought a blacklight out, you could probably still see the blood splatter. I wanted to tell him that 150 years worth of rain PROBABLY washed it away, but then I thought, the girl knows he's an idiot, no need to point it out...

Normally when I find a disc, I don't hesitate to call the person back and return them their disc (good disc karma). But I found a disc with 3 different numbers on it today, and I'm not sure which number to call or what would be the right thing to do. Suggestions?

Call the last one, then the one before that. doesn't take any extra time really

multiple names/numbers with no way to tell which one is the newest means the disc is going in the bag as my 'water/risky shot' disc and will probably end up being one of my favorites that i never want to lose.

Scratch out every name and put Jack Rebney's name (the Winnebago Man) and phone # on it (if you can find it) and then put it in a place where a playing partner will find it and have them call him, then record the conversation.

My friends and I trade discs a bit and if one of us has already inked the others usualy either don't ink it and the other will get it back or we write an "or" after the first owner's info and then put our own. I have one that is Matt 555-5555 or Matt 555-1234 or Brent 555-4321, that way the finder knows they can call any of us and they're making the right choice.

Latest posts