• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Fourth Circle Discs- Taipan

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
Anyone here thrown one of these? I tried one out a couple weeks ago. The Taipan is a speed 13 overstable driver that seems very similar to an Ape. It has the same hand feel as a Kong or Force, but is definitely a speed faster. Also similar to a Defender, but maybe a SLIGHT bit more overstable.

The Taipan is a good thrower. It flies true to the numbers and will go flat a good distance before sharply fading. The only time I saw any high speed turn was throwing into a fairly decent headwind. If I bagged this disc it would probably take the place of my XCal. The Taipan is a hair faster and longer though.

The Ultra plastic is excellent. It feels to me like Discraft's newer shiny, somewhat gummy ESP.

I liked this disc and would recommend it for anyone needing a fast, overstable driver that isn't a total pig.The Taipan glides well and will actually go very far when thrown hard.

I had never heard of this company. The discs are from Australia.

Taipan: 13, 5, 0, 3. Huge arms might see some high speed turn, but it won't be much. The Taipan gets downrange quickly, but wants to fade hard. Luckily its a prolonged fade, rather than the disc dropping out of the air like a rock.

For what it's worth, the Taipan got picked up by Full Turn Discs and is now the Crusade. The 2nd run in the attached link is the one I just picked up and it's said to be way less overstable than the Taipan/1st run Crusade. Haven't thrown it yet but I'm hoping for a slightly more OS Corvette. This glow plastic is amazeballs, as is all Prodiscus plastic, of course.

For what it's worth, the Taipan got picked up by Full Turn Discs and is now the Crusade. The 2nd run in the attached link is the one I just picked up and it's said to be way less overstable than the Taipan/1st run Crusade. Haven't thrown it yet but I'm hoping for a slightly more OS Corvette. This glow plastic is amazeballs, as is all Prodiscus plastic, of course.

how far you throwing your distance drivers? I'm on Team Full Turn this year and have thrown the Crusade a lot! Could tell you a decent amount about their flight and different runs.

Latest posts