• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frogg Togg Chillypad...you DO want one

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
http://www.froggtoggs.com/#cooling/

I bought my wife one of these at the PGA Tour Superstore the other day. It is a towel that uses evaporative cooling and you can just wet it when it dries up and it will keep on cooling.

We played a round yesterday and it was horribly humid and hot. This thing works! It was a little crappy to keep on while throwing because having it around your neck was a little awkward and threw me off but on the couple holes where I tried it I was amazed at how it felt. It really felt like my head was inside a little air conditioner.

If you live somewhere that gets hot you really owe it to yourself to check it out...they are no fuss too, put it away wet...pull it out when you need it, it comes with a little plastic case to hold it.

It was about 15 at the PGA store and I have seen them on Amazon a little cheaper.

:thmbup:

I noticed walmart had what looked like just a hankerchief in a band that was only about $5. Think it had the same concept.

We sell these at work. I'll have to "demo" one out and try it. They look really gimmicky, especially the way they package it and promote it.

It was surprisingly hot today and we played 18 after work with no rest. Definately was thinking about your thread about this and thought it would have been great today.

Getting one tomorrow, at least if it doesnt work I will have another towel. Let you know how it works

It was 93 today and we all went and played...we shared between my wife, me, and our daughter...I think I would not have played a second round without it...it IS thirsty in this kind of heat so you have to have enough water for you and the towel but damn does it feel good. We actually went to go pick up 2 more but the PGA store was closed.

I see on the site they have bandanas too...if you are into that kind of thing it would be like wrapping a miracle on your head.

So that's how crack dealers are able to work twelve hour shifts in the heat;)

I'm actually really excited to try one as heat is my second worst enemy.

Thanks for the heads up. I think Im gonna purchase one for my upcoming bonnaroo trip, if it survives that party Ill let everyone know how it works out for disc golf.

Anything that will keep me cool in the Tennessee heat sounds good to me.

We have a couple of these that look like a rolled up bandanna. We use them on the dogs. They are a life saver for our 2 Boxers. Thingfling had some, like 2 cases of 24 for $12 plus shipping. I tried to order them but it did not go thru and the deal was over by the time it was sorted.

Ummm....

Won't just about any absorbant towel do this? Water retains heat. As it evaporates it takes the heat with it and thus makes you feel "cool".

That why canteens have a fabric case. You dip them in water and the evaporating water keeps the water inside cool.

Point to note: this is also why temperature decreases more slowly as altitude increases on a day with a higher dew point. Wet adiabatic lapse rate vs. dry adiabatic lapse rate.

Last edited:
They dont drip and they dont leave you soggy like a towel would...but sure you could do that and be a mess and just as cool I suppose.

I noticed walmart had what looked like just a hankerchief in a band that was only about $5. Think it had the same concept.

Same concept!!!! Coolaroos's I think!!!!! JUst put them in a cooler and the hankerchief fills up these beads and keeps you cool!!!! They work!!!! Pretty cool idea!!!!!

I'd put our weather up against anyone's.

I'll just say... I think we are experiencing similar weather b/c here in houston we have some of the stickiest weather in the country. Its not uncommon for the humidity to stay at or above 95% for weeks at a time. My gf and I played a round yesterday morning and by the 4th tee there was not a dry spot on my dry-fit shirt. It can be discouraging, to say the least.

When I ride my motorcycle in the summer I wear a cooling vest that is made with similar material using the same evaporation-cooling process. I literally can not leave without it or i'll have a heat stroke.

I'm gonna have to take a few of these to grandma and see if she can sow me up a shirt or something. Thanks for the heads up bill.

Has anyone tried that bandana?

I never wear one, but it was 88 and humid today and I was really wishing I had one of these. I've gotta think it would be more convenient than the towel.

Used one for the last 2 weeks and they are money!

Latest posts