• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frolf vs. Disc Golf

gwad will never catch on and Frolf only stuck because of Sinefeld.
It's disc golf, I occassionally except frisbee golf, but never ever Frolf

man i love this sport, here we are a bunch of adults, sitting at computers across the country arguing about what the "proper" term for our sport should be, trying to get respect from the rest of the sporting community and all. but in all reality from an outsiders point of view we have got to be the biggest bunch of losers anyway, so why should the name matter. i say keep it silly, it keeps the majority of people away. which is great because the people whoi stick to the sport become a tighter family and typically have more in common right away. good stuff you guys are great. keep on frolfing, folfing, gwadding, fugolfing (one i personally like), gilfing (i like that one too), or if you are too anal retentive to have a good time, disc golfing.

Do you drink pop or soda?

i'm from buffalo, and i play at the ridge all the time
i call it frolf just because it sounds better than disc golf, still the same thing, but frolf just rolls of the tounge better

Apparently, the term for throwing discs at a basket is somewhat regional...

Frolf rolls off the tounge? I am orignially from 45 miles from you and the only time I have ever said Frolf is over the toilet after a night of heavy drinking.

I can hear it now..

Frolf rolls off the tounge? I am orignially from 45 miles from you and the only time I have ever said Frolf is over the toilet after a night of heavy drinking.
LOL!!

I am a converted ultimate player. Frolfers (just kidding), Disc golfers and Ultimate players are not on my list of losers.

1. College kids who hang out in the basement playing D&D.
2. 40 year old men whose moms dust off their Rowdy Roddy Piper Posters
3. Anyone who can speak Klingon
4. War eagle
5. People who dress up like Harry Potter Characters for a movie

what about fans of pro wrestling though? or the ones who actually do it in their backyards? waiting for the backlash on this one...

I am a converted ultimate player. Frolfers (just kidding), Disc golfers and Ultimate players are not on my list of losers.

4. War eagle

How can anyone call us losers. We play a great game and we have a culture that is one of a kind.

So we're a little different. Viva Le Difference!

The list above would be a great place to start a loser list.

Most of them all have one thing in common. They are trying to live a vicarious life. There life is drab, awful, or whatever so they try to be something they are not.

In "DISC GOLF" we are who we are.

Lets just go throw plastic! Yea Haw!

I would like to add
6. People who use big words incorrectly, but think they still sound smart.
7. guys who buy hair gel by the gallon
8. Fat football fans who paint their bodies in -12 degree weather
9. People who own Kenny G cds
10. anyone over 30 with a shirt proclaiming they are "Beer Pong Champion"

4. War eagle

LOL. HAHAHA #4 for sure.:D

My brother got me into disc golf. My first course was Deming Park in Terre Haute, IN. All the local college kids there used the term "frolf". It seemed a bit hippie at the time, but I think they almost use it as a term of endearment for the sport .... "You wanna frolf later today?"; "Let's go frolf it up!"; "Frolfing after class today?" It helps me take some of the seriousness out of the sport that some people seem to place on it. These same college kids are also 1-3 disc-ers and usually shoot way below pro par (and have always made fun of "baggers").

I think we should start calling ball golf "bolf" and disc golf can be just golf

I call one of my buddies bolfer b/c he calls me frolfer. It's pretty funny when we yell that at each other b/c other people have no idea what we are talking about.