• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frozen Pancake Toss

taxman

Par Member
the local SnoBlast festival is having a frozen pancake toss as one of there events. i figure i'll give it a try. should i figure on it being overstable or understable? i think i'll cheat and make some pancakes tonight, freeze them and practice.

it would depend on the shape that the pancake is frozen into and the weight of the pancakes versus the diameter. I would make many different sizes and thicknesses of the pancakes.

I agree with Ryan -- when you get to the contest, you will probably see major inconsistency in size/shape/mass distribution.

Good luck though! I definitely think you will have somewhat of an edge over the other competitors.

can you bring your own pancakes?
I would think that you could make some pancakes and then freeze them with a little dome on them (press them over a mini, maybe), and perhaps get some glide out of them.

I know a friend and I played 18 holes one time with plastic Kellogs' cereal bowls. About 5" across and 2" deep. And those suckers would fly really well up to about 180'.

they will defiantly be overstable, think cds (the phrase flat as a pancake springs to mind!), therefore id be practicing flex shots and tomahawks.

YOU have to let us know how you did......MAYBE you could cut a hole in the center of the pancake and dominate......Don t let the pdga now your doing this...you might spoil your am status Haha

Latest posts