• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frustration

Rockiesfan4ever

Birdie Member
Am I the only one who gets frustrated by how inconsistent they are when playing? I just got back (so yes, Im venting a little) and I'd be able to drive 300 feet perfectly straight on the fairway and the next time around on that hole it'd be 10 feet and into the tree right by the tee box.

Sounds like the Head game. I know how you feel, last time out you played it perfectly so your concentration lapses a little and then you duff one. Pretty frustrating.

Yes!!! Sometimes I do the same thing. Last month I was playing a tournament and doing quite well, I played 29 of 36 holes in a row with no bogeys and was sitting comfortably at -5 and them the wheels came off. On hole 30, 31, and 32 I managed to add five strokes to my score to get back to even only to own the last few holes to get back to -2, so yea I got ya bro and I hate it too.

Best thing to do is just do what you can to stay calm and make sure your hitting perfect shots with little or no effort, keep in mind that playing smooth will lower your score and don't let a hole or three in a row get you down. This happens to all of us from time to time and the only real way to not have it happen is to A: be a world class player all the time and B: Practice Practice Practice!

Keep the faith, we love teams from the same expansion.....GO Marlins!

I find just having confidence that I can make that shot helps, you made it last time, so you can do it again. Don't think about the tree, or you will hit it, for sure.

But I feel your pain, We all have games like that. Keep a clear head and throw a smooth game.

I'm just now starting to feel like my game has gained some consistency. Lately I've been shooting really solid and the number of mistakes is dropping fast. The biggest difference in my game now is that I'm dedicating a lot more effort to practicing in the field rather than just jumping on the course. It's amazing how much more confident I am in my shot selection and how much more consistently I can execute the right shot.

I was getting a little frustrated this weekend. Couldn't make a putt from longer than 15' Didn't let it get to me till day 2 with 4 holes left and had no chance left. Can't let you get mad, then you're not only playing against everyone but yourself too. And you're your biggest competition.

It could be worse. You could be consistently mediocre like me. Never a sign of greatness. Kinda dull.

Treatment for frustration:

An injury leaving you unable to play for an extended period.
More effective if you still hang around disc golfers who talk, a lot, about disc golf.

After not being able to play at all, playing bad seems, well, not so bad.

Seriously, inconsistency is the bane of casual players, amateur players, and mid-level pros. I remember being in the gallery at USDGC and seeing the sport's best miss short putts and griplock drives and fluff upshots O.B. and thinking, "I can do that!" Eventually I realized that they do it once every 40 throws, while I do it once very 4. (And that's when I'm playing well).

For me, what separates good players from the pack is consistency. I can go out and shoot par or lower on any given day, but, just as often, I can end up with a +8. I'd be much more satisfied with shooting 3 over +/- 2 strokes. It's just a sign that I need to practice more (putting especially). It can save you on those off days.

Seriously, inconsistency is the bane of casual players, amateur players, and mid-level pros. I remember being in the gallery at USDGC and seeing the sport's best miss short putts and griplock drives and fluff upshots O.B. and thinking, "I can do that!" Eventually I realized that they do it once every 40 throws, while I do it once very 4. (And that's when I'm playing well).

well put.

Yea thanks guys. I've always known and it all started after I biffed a short birdie putt and then missed the subsequent par putt out of anger so what everyone is saying sounds about right

I was getting a little frustrated this weekend. Couldn't make a putt from longer than 15' Didn't let it get to me till day 2 with 4 holes left and had no chance left. Can't let you get mad, then you're not only playing against everyone but yourself too. And you're your biggest competition.

You'll feel better once you break 900 for a rated round...

Am I the only one who gets frustrated by how inconsistent they are when playing? I just got back (so yes, Im venting a little) and I'd be able to drive 300 feet perfectly straight on the fairway and the next time around on that hole it'd be 10 feet and into the tree right by the tee box.

^^^^ people post crap like this and I'm a troll:confused:

Latest posts