• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funkytown Flyers 3rd Annual Hangover Classic – January 1st, 2010

thepowerofpancakes

Eagle Member
Each year, the Fort Worth Funkytown Flyers disc golf club hosts a membership drive event called the Hangover Classic on January 1st. For $20, you become a member of the club, receive a Funkytown bag tag to use in bag tag challenges throughout the year, and get to play the one round, trophy only event.

FORMAT: The 3rd Annual Hangover Classic will consist of one round, followed by CTPs as the results are tabulated. The round will be between 18 and 28 holes depending on the number of players (to allow for quicker play).

DETAILS: This event is the first bag tag challenge of 2010 and the last bag tag challenge of 2009. Make sure to bring your 2009 tags!

WHERE: This year, the Hangover Classic is being held at Turner Park in Grand Prairie, TX. For more information see: http://www.pdga.com/course_directory/course/turner-park. A big thanks is due to Jim Dart for his help at the course and with this event!

WHEN: Signups begin at 9AM and end at 9:45AM. The round will begin at 10:30AM.

QUESTIONS? Email Heidi at [email protected].

We learned a lot from last year. about expecting huge numbers. handling the exchange of over 100 bag tags, we are much better prepared this time. should be smooth...unlike last year where i had to make 6 5 man ghost cards haha....

this may sound stupid, but I have never played a tournament, but one of my biggest goals for next year is to start playing them and what better time than the first day of the year :)

are there going to be different level groups?

looking back at all my rounds out at this course my best round is a 10 over course par which would be a 68 (based on par I have found on this course - 1 par 5, 2 par 4, and 15 par 3's). I know I wont have a chance at all with most of you playing, but didn't know if there was an intermediate division for people that aren't as good :)

I've been wanting to join the Funky Town Flyers also.

are there going to be different level groups?

I've been wanting to join the Funky Town Flyers also.

No it is a trophy only event with one division. The $20 gets you a 2010 numbered FunkyTag. How well you do gets you a lower number tag. (first place gets tag 1, second gets tag 2 ect). It is more of a "good times with good people" event than anything else. You could end up on a card with the best (or worst) golfers at the event and it will be a great introduction to tournaments if you let the people you are playing with know that you are looking for pointers on rules and formal tournament play.

I plan on attending and renewing

Giles is right, it is not an official PDGA tournament, but will be a great way to get your feet wet into tournament play. Should be a fun time too! Bag tags are fun as well and will last for all of 2010.

I'm gonna go with Chucka here - never played in a tourney before, but I'm really interested in starting. What exactly is a Bag Tag/Bag Tag Challenge?

I'm gonna go with Chucka here - never played in a tourney before, but I'm really interested in starting. What exactly is a Bag Tag/Bag Tag Challenge?

A bag tag is a numbered tag w/ a club logo that you attach to your bag. When you play tournaments or minis everyone with that clubs tag gives up their tag. After the round/event the person with the lowest score gets the lowest numbered tag, and so on. You can also challange other tag holders when you see them at the course.

The Funkytown Flyers are a not-for-profit club started with the goal of getting more courses installed in Fort Worth. I think the club is now whatever the members vote on it to be. They vote via email on club issues. They have the www.funkytownflyers.org website that has come cool stuff (be sure to check out my wife at the top of the funky leaderboard:clap:)

So, show up at Turner Park on the 1st for the Hangover Classic. $20 gets you a Tag and membership to the club. You will meet new people and have a good time.

...and don't worry, the club is in good hands, nobody is going to run off with the cash.

I'm not going to be able to make this one, gonna go out of town for new years, but will be back friday night. I still think I'm going to join funkytownflyers though.

chucka ill probably join too. i have also never played a tournament.

I hope all you guys show up, it will be a great first tourney experience. Its just a big club championship. We will be giving out a trophy to our player of the year and the rest of us can just recover from our hangovers with a lil more fun...

thanks Giles for answering everyones questions so well, i have not been able to be on here so much cus of stupid work :wall: Im glad we could meet you half way so you can save some driving time this year :doh:

Wish I could be there but I cant. Can I get a tag at a later date or no?

Wish I could be there but I cant. Can I get a tag at a later date or no?

Yup, you can join later on. You'll just start out with the lowest bag tag number at the time.
Coldtoe on this site is the director of FunkyTown...I'm not sure how often he is on here though.

Is it always 20 for a tag or just on friday?

Is it always 20 for a tag or just on friday?

I believe it is always $20 to join and get a tag.

I meant to say you would get the highest numbered tag. I'm sure you knew what I meant.

Latest posts