• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

ouch ! did the parent understand that you did not mean to hit her child?
i once threw a disc and it shanked towards the right and ended up hitting a kid on a MOVING bicycle . we tried to apologize but the boys mom just went off! she chewed us out for like 10 minutes saying about how her baby boy was hurt. I did not mean to hit him. i tried to explain to her , i could not do that again if i tried . and if i were that good i would have just thrown it straight in the basket ;)

I think people really don't realize how tough it can be to throw strait, assuming you use a decent amount of power and are not playing more tourny(safe) style. They probably assume it's like throwing a regular frisbee.

We had our Saturday morning league, and as always we broke off into groups. We got about 3/4 of the way through the round, and one of the guys drives was off the edge of the fairway, under a rather large oak tree. He was just about to throw his upshot, when we heard some stirring in the branches above. I thought it was a branch falling down at first, but instead, it was a squirrel that had lost it's balance and fell out of the tree, about 30' above. It ended up hitting my friend on the shoulder just as he was making his upshot. Both were stunned, the squirrel kind of flopped around for a few seconds, gathered itself up, then ran off to the tree. my friend kinda just looked around like WTF????? The rest of us in the group were still in awe of what happened, then after finding out he was OK, we couldn't help but just laugh.

We had our Saturday morning league, and as always we broke off into groups. We got about 3/4 of the way through the round, and one of the guys drives was off the edge of the fairway, under a rather large oak tree. He was just about to throw his upshot, when we heard some stirring in the branches above. I thought it was a branch falling down at first, but instead, it was a squirrel that had lost it's balance and fell out of the tree, about 30' above. It ended up hitting my friend on the shoulder just as he was making his upshot. Both were stunned, the squirrel kind of flopped around for a few seconds, gathered itself up, then ran off to the tree. my friend kinda just looked around like WTF????? The rest of us in the group were still in awe of what happened, then after finding out he was OK, we couldn't help but just laugh.

I would love to see this, it is pretty rare for a squirrel to fall like that.

Had something funny happen at my practice field yesterday:

I had just gotten a new Vulcan in the mail, and I wanted to try it out. The wind was coming from my right about , and I knew I might have to put some hyzer on it to make it go straight. Well, I didn't put enough, and the wind caught it and took it to the right, and towards the parking lot. At the end of the parking lot about 270ft away , is a recycling dumpster for newspapers. It has a small opening about 15 inches square to put the papers in on the side of the dumpster.

My disc made a one in a million shot, and went right through that opening and landed in the dumpster. The dumpster was not very full, and I was afraid if I climbed in, I would not be able to get out, so I used my Golden Retriever to fish out my disc. Here are some pics of the field to show you what it looked like:
fieldpic.jpg

practicefield1.jpg

Midnight - do it again!

This was more funny than weird. I was playing at Patapsco State Park, where the back 9 plays around a Boy Scout campground. I had thrown multiple drives on one of the holes near the campground and forgot to pick up my yellow Whippet. I realized my mistake after a few holes and started to walk back.

From a distance, I saw a group of Boy Scouts throwing a bright yellow disc, and every throw was fading hard left. When I approached they half-heartedly tried to hide the disc, but when I pointed out that my name and number were written on it they 'fessed up. For their "honesty" I gave them a beat-up Pro Leopard, which seemed much better suited to their abilities.

I still laugh when I picture those boys trying to throw a Whippet.

playing the Miami Univ course in Oxford, Oh. when it was just 9 holes(early/mid '90's?), buddy has a brand new bought that day XD, i think. wide open hole, half way to and in-line with the basket is a t-post. he says " i'm aiming right for that post cuz there's no way i'm hittin it!" WHACK! cut the disc almost in half! he was not happy. we, however sympathetic, could not help crackin up.

I saw my first Mexican wedding a couple weeks ago while playing Zebulon. My buddy and I were putting at the practice basket when all of a sudden one of those large SUV limo's pull up. Next thing we know there are about 25 Mexicans walking down hole 1's fairway. I'm talking cow boy hats, western shirts, big white/red dress. The wedding planner even came over and said it was the first Mexican wedding she had ever done.

I saw my first Mexican wedding a couple weeks ago while playing Zebulon. My buddy and I were putting at the practice basket when all of a sudden one of those large SUV limo's pull up. Next thing we know there are about 25 Mexicans walking down hole 1's fairway. I'm talking cow boy hats, western shirts, big white/red dress. The wedding planner even came over and said it was the first Mexican wedding she had ever done.

did you married her?

Found a pink champ beast, no number. Traded it to my buddy for a red champ beast. A week later we were throwing and the group in front of us was lingering around the hole for some reason. We threw when they were at a safe distance. Get up to our shots and a little chubby kid says to my buddy "johnson" that's my pink champ beast! There's no number on it explained Johnson, yes there is said the chub. Flipped the disc over and in tiny letters in faded pink, yes pink ink on the rim of the pink beast, lye a name and number. I said I would have called you if I saw the number, you should make your writing darker so this wouldn't happen. Chub just stared blankly and went off with the beast. Then I had to give Johnson ten bucks! I got screwed!

Found a pink champ beast, no number. Traded it to my buddy for a red champ beast. A week later we were throwing and the group in front of us was lingering around the hole for some reason. We threw when they were at a safe distance. Get up to our shots and a little chubby kid says to my buddy "johnson" that's my pink champ beast! There's no number on it explained Johnson, yes there is said the chub. Flipped the disc over and in tiny letters in faded pink, yes pink ink on the rim of the pink beast, lye a name and number. I said I would have called you if I saw the number, you should make your writing darker so this wouldn't happen. Chub just stared blankly and went off with the beast. Then I had to give Johnson ten bucks! I got screwed!

How do you figure? You got a Champ Beast for $10. Not necessarily a bad deal.

Latest posts