• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

292r0wk.jpg

So today I went and played with my dad who plays every now and then and we let this guy play through since he was playing at a faster pace then wwe were. He shanks his drive on a 300' hole. Doesn't react for a bit and turns around and says to us "f*** this game, I'll give you my bag for $10"

We gave him money he gave us his bag and walked away. In the bag was a champ roadrunner, star eagle, 3 teebirds, a star dart, a dx roc, and we went and retrieved his disc that he threw and it was a star leopard. It was so odd

So today I went and played with my dad who plays every now and then and we let this guy play through since he was playing at a faster pace then wwe were. He shanks his drive on a 300' hole. Doesn't react for a bit and turns around and says to us "f*** this game, I'll give you my bag for $10"

We gave him money he gave us his bag and walked away. In the bag was a champ roadrunner, star eagle, 3 teebirds, a star dart, a dx roc, and we went and retrieved his disc that he threw and it was a star leopard. It was so odd

hmmm...sounds like you might have bought a 'hot' bag and discs is my first thought. Maybe not.

hmmm...sounds like you might have bought a 'hot' bag and discs is my first thought. Maybe not.

Doubtful unless the guy had no clue what it was worth selling it all for $10. Sounds like they made bank though.

Weirdest thing I saw on the course was a disc going into the basket in one throw from MY own doing...

That'll be the last time ever :doh:

I watched a group of 5 n00bs share the same disc:

One would throw, retrieve it, throw it back, and stand where his lie was. They all did that until the hole was over. I quickly skipped ahead lol:doh:

One would throw, retrieve it, throw it back, and stand where his lie was. They all did that until the hole was over. I quickly skipped ahead lol:doh:

That's funny as hell, and reminds me of a time my girlfriends brother, and myself were out playing, and as we were walking to the car, two guys who were either mildly retarded, or buzzing nicely, asked us if either of us had any discs we wanted to sell, and I only had around 4 I believe at the time, and my gf's brother had 2 I think, so we declined, and they just said "Oh, well I guess we will share this one we have."

I couldn't tell you how hard I was laughing the whole drive out.

Last summer I was in a motorcycle accident when a deer hitched a ride with me as I was riding past. Had a Heli ride and spent a week in a hospital and couldn't play for about a month. Anyway, not long after I was able to return to play, I was teeing off when right after my throw, while the disc was still in the air, a deer jumped out from the woods to the fairway just as my disc got to the same spot. Whack! I hit the deer dead center, it would have been a kill shot had it been an arrow or bullet. As my buddies stared in disbelief, I jumped up in the air exclaiming, "Were even!" Everyone got a good laugh out of that.

Rick G

Last summer I was in a motorcycle accident when a deer hitched a ride with me as I was riding past. Had a Heli ride and spent a week in a hospital and couldn't play for about a month. Anyway, not long after I was able to return to play, I was teeing off when right after my throw, while the disc was still in the air, a deer jumped out from the woods to the fairway just as my disc got to the same spot. Whack! I hit the deer dead center, it would have been a kill shot had it been an arrow or bullet. As my buddies stared in disbelief, I jumped up in the air exclaiming, "Were even!" Everyone got a good laugh out of that.

Rick G

lmfao:clap:

I thought the same exact thing.. There was no ID on the bag or any of the discs so if it is stolen (which is what I think "hot" means) there should be no way for someone to prove it is theirs.

A thought I also had was that it could be just a frustration thing that he will immediately regret. I am sure we have all wanted to quit because we hit a wall and cannot get over it. Maybe that drive put him to the boiling point where he quit and it was a spur of the moment thing.

Last edited:
I thought the same exact thing.. There was no ID on the bag or any of the discs so if it is stolen (which is what I think "hot" means) there should be no way for someone to prove it is theirs.

A thought I also had was that it could be just a frustration thing that he will immediately regret. I am sure we have all wanted to quit because we hit a wall and cannot get over it. Maybe that drive put him to the boiling point where he quit and it was a spur of the moment thing.

My son pulled the 'I Quit' stunt a few years back. Needless to say after pulling this and pissing me off and maturing not only in disc golf, but at life in general, it hasn't happened again. His game was horrible no matter what he did for the entire day. He tees off, nicks a tree, and flies way off line. He calmly turns to us and says 'I quit. I'll be at the car'. He then walks off, leaving us open-mouthed and his bag abandoned. My dad snuck the bag back to the car and we finished our round. We then let him believe that his bag was gone for the remainder of the day. Then he spent about a month not playing due to the trouble he got in over leaving his gear. Now he is a much calmer, blow-it-off player, and it shows in his game.

So I played a quick round today. When I rolled up, a father and son were warming up on 18 (no practice basket on home course). I was in a rush, so I headed right for the tee. When the dad saw me heading, he quickly picked up all the discs and ran to the tee to get head of me. I was hoping to tee off before they got there (the son was driving with an ultimate disc, so I was resigning myself to playing slowly behind them). I was hoping they would let me go. The dad says "you're walking fast". "yeah, quick round today," says me. "us too". Couldn't tell if he was making a passive aggressive comment about me trying to get in front of them or if he was just weird. With that he starts his stopwatch, they tee off and sprint down fairway to chase their discs in the rough. They were gone, holing out 5 when I was holing out 3. I still had to play quick, but didn't think I'd see them again. I didnt do any jogging between holes, just kept a brisk pace and didn't take a lot of alternate lines/let's see what this disc does. I caught them on 13. Guess sprinting between holes isn't conducive to consistent, accurate shots. Had to search for my disc because of a funny roll, but caught up again at 18. Shot a drop 1. Kept pace with the sprinters. Good day. Hope I don't see them agin.....
There's a guy in Raleigh who runs the course, he's actually really good too.

Saw two guys that played all their rounds on BMX bikes. They would just ride to a teebox, throw, hop back on and bike to their disc. It was actually a pretty cool idea I thought. It was pretty funny when I saw them throw without getting off their bikes though - impressive. It was a bike-by discing.

Ive seen a couple odd ones. A few weeks ago at The Oaks in Mokena, IL we had some pretty wicked storm cells in the greater Will Co. Area and about 3 days later we were on hole 15 and a tree was obviously struck by lightning and on the ground, but it was still on fire, little flickers of flame and all. Then months ago at West Park in Joliet,IL theres a nasty little waist deep creek at the bottom of hole 2....i saw some kid wading/swimming in it to find his disc, also at west if you over throw on what i wanna say is hole 10, you land on a small residential street and ive seen a dudes disc get run over by a car.

I saw this about two weeks ago. About 4 middle schoolers though, so I assumed they didn't exactly have money to buy a disc each. Probably just all pitched in a few bucks for a dx.

Latest posts