• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Scariest thing...

@ Globelville Landing park, north of downtown Denver...

We walked up to #4 with a good view of the rest of the park and there were three people and two dogs. Upon closer inspection, one of the people had a padded suit on and the other had the dogs on ropes with a whistle. Wouldn't you know it, these people were training their pitbull and german shepard as attack dogs in the middle of a public park...classy.

We caught some people using the baskets as a BBQ pit once. They lined the inside of the cage with foil and filled it up with coals. Then they put skewers (shishkabobs) hanging between the chains. Crazy!
DSCJNKY

We caught some people using the baskets as a BBQ pit once. They lined the inside of the cage with foil and filled it up with coals. Then they put skewers (shishkabobs) hanging between the chains. Crazy!
DSCJNKY

Ive heard of this happening quite a bit.

DSCJNKY

haha!!! where was this at?

We have weekly pro-am draw doubles 10:00 saturdays & 2:00 sundays @ Cold Brook park located between Battle Creek & Kalamazoo in MI. 5$ per person, with optional 1$ CTP & optional 1$ ace pool which grows rather large on occasion. We play nearly 52 weeks out of the year breaking only for tourneys & very rarely some serious weather. Come join us!

In the fall thru early spring the gate to the regular disc golf parking lot by hole 1 is locked. Golfers are forced to use the parking lot adjacent to hole 21's fairway & groups usually start on hole 22 finishing on 21. Hole 21 was 300' across a wide open field & the parking lot waaayy off to the right. Finished groups congregate in the parking lot & watch the remaining groups finish out on 21.

One week a few finished groups were lucky enough to witness this beauty of a drive by one of the "pros"...

5.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

It stuck right there, just like that.

The tee pad has since changed location (twice) but the parking lot remains in play so I guess it's possible this can happen again...right??

I was on hole number 2 at Sedgley and my drive went right, right up against the wooden fence lining the sidewalk. As I arrived at my disc this large lady was walking by mumbling to herself in a very pissed off voice. I let her walk by to make sure I wasn't going to be attacked haha. As she passed a van drove by and this dude yells "Slut!" out the window. She grabbed a rock right next to my disc and heaved it at the van that was probably 100 feet away by this point and then started "Running" down the sidewalk screaming all sorts of profane words. She ran all the way to the driving range! I was just speechless.

I was on hole number 2 at Sedgley and my drive went right, right up against the wooden fence lining the sidewalk. As I arrived at my disc this large lady was walking by mumbling to herself in a very pissed off voice. I let her walk by to make sure I wasn't going to be attacked haha. As she passed a van drove by and this dude yells "Slut!" out the window. She grabbed a rock right next to my disc and heaved it at the van that was probably 100 feet away by this point and then started "Running" down the sidewalk screaming all sorts of profane words. She ran all the way to the driving range! I was just speechless.

I once had a hobo offer to "protect my frisbees" on one of the new holes at sedgley... we gave him a beer, and that was the last we saw of him.

I once had a hobo offer to "protect my frisbees" on one of the new holes at sedgley... we gave him a beer, and that was the last we saw of him.

Hahaha that's too funny! That's one very creative Hobo. We had one guy who we ran into who was burning sticks and covering the muddy paths with the ash. The part that was weird was he went off on this lecture about the wood burning and how he had injured a tree and started crying cause he injured the tree. Then he talked about rolling around in the ashes of the tree in memorium.

Played with the three stooges on thursday.

Lol, so thursday I try out Crystal Lake park in Beaver Dam, WI for the first time. Right when I finish hole 2 these three dudes roll up and start playing, so I backtrack to join up with them. Two skinny kids, and a chubby one with a camo hat. They each had 2 discs & all looked like they were late-HS but they all were smoking like chimneys, (tobacco, mind you) which seemed weird since they looked barely old enough to buy cigs, yet acted like they had been smoking for awhile (guess its been i few yrs since i was in HS). All seemed nice enough, but it became obvious very quickly that the chubby kid was a total goof, talking gibberish nonstop.

Right off the bat he says to me "You have a nice disc bag. Y'know what I do- I just stick my discs in my pants. I can hold about 5 that way, in the back." I asked if he kept a pencil there too, plumber-style, he says no, just discs. And the nonsense continued. I couldnt really get offended, bc it was all so ridiculous, so I just laughed and played along with these three rec players.

Hole 3, talking smack to his friends while teeing off (semed to be a favorite thing of his to do), "Check this S**t out, Kev, this is how you do it!", his disc turns over flies directly into a tree, the only tree on the fairway, and gets stuck 35 ft up. He asks who's good at climbing trees. Not surprisingly, no volunteers. I volunteered my water bottle, but he decides to take off his shoe instead and starts throwing it into the tree to get his disc down. We move on to the next hole when we stop laughing. By the time we've teed off, his shoe is stuck in the tree as well.

So what does he do? He takes off the other shoe, of course, to get the disc & shoe out of the tree.
We had finished the next hole by the time he got them all down. (We clapped for him when he came back with his discs in hand and both shoes on)

First tee after he rejoins us. "Man, this is my last cigarette for a year. Im going to quit for a year, then start again. hopefully in a year they will cost less." His friends suggested he roll his own cigs, but he wasn't having any of that.

Then, after he throws a drive he doesnt like
"Darn that Barak Obama. He's messing up our economy, makin cigs go up to $7 a pack. In the good old days when George W was president, I could buy cigs for $5 a pack. The whoel economy's goin down."

Played a few more holes with these interesting fellows, until on hole 10 they became fascinated with chasing a (poisonous?) water snake, and I took the opportunity to play ahead

Ive played with rec players before, but never one like that guy.

Time to revive the thread ;)

Was at a local dubs event Thursday night. There's a guy that comes with his dog. It's usually cool, because the dog is well behaved and is sometimes funny. It's a larger dog, and it will carry around "sticks" that look like small tree trunks (the one he was carrying this time was like 10' long and about 1.5' around). Anyhow, the dog lined up to pee on a chain link fence, and hit a guy's disc bag on the other side (IIRC the bag was still on his shoulder). Luckily he was carrying Lysol and extra towels...

weirdest!

just got back from playing in manor,tx. and my son was about 10 feet from the hole and he throws it and it bounces off a little tree limb and makes it right in the basket,and on that some fareway i threw a disc that skipped off the ground a ended up stuck on a mesquite tree thorn about 3feet off the ground,and it stayed there.:D

At BG Ams this past weekend I was on the lead card after round 1. After the two minute warning blew we noticed a group of three dogs trotting up the walking path parallel to our fairway. We teed off and started walking down the fairway when sure enough, one guy in our group starts yelling "HEY, DROP IT!!!" We watched as the dog took off away from the course with his first run boss. He must've chased that thing for a quarter mile or more but he returned with disc in hand. Was hilarious. :D

One time my cousins and I were playing and there were a bunch of hardcore man magazines laying around.

Finding a very angry Garter Snake next to my disc on Hole 15 at Burke Lake, I actually didn't even see it when I was reaching for my disc!

The look on the faces of pot smokers when I tell them that Fairfax County Police love to train their dogs at the park.

Finding Condom wrappers in the middle of a VERY public course.

Finding a small deer skull on the top of Hole 13 at Giles Creek.

Watching my friend freaking out when a toddler picks up his disc and starts running toward his mommy with it!

I once had a lady give me attitude when I told her that she and her kids were walking up a golf course. She looked at me and said "You don't have to be so rude about it." So, I showed her my Orc, and said "would you prefer for your kid to get hit in the head by this when I don't see him?" That got her to shut up and she actually apologized. Gotta love Burke Lake.

So about a week ago i'm at this "course" its 4 holes of open field (10 min from my house and good for practicing weird shots). Anyway, this kid is playing on the swings near the course and comes running over to me and asks if he can play. I give him one of my discs to just chuck around. He starts winging it around and ends up tossing it too far and it lands in this marsh area. His mom says "go get the nice man's disc." The kid who's about 4 ft. tall walks into the area and ends up sinking in the mudd up to his thighs and starts crying cause he couldn't get out. His mom goes in to rescue him and as she's pulling him out she falls over into the mudd. I had to do everything in my power to not crack up. I ended up going in and helping them both get out. It was too funny.

Latest posts