• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Well I was playing some disc golf today and I went for a swim to get my disc out of the water after a tree hit. 175 Boss that landed flat and miraculously floated. I strip down to my boxers and jump in after it since I was hot as hell anyways. My girls are laughing and taking video and pics so I rolled my boxers into thongs and screwed around for a while. Apparently some people where on the bridge around the corner and come into the clearing to see this...

NSFWish.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/88/l_d01c657d454f48fb80abb94ec0d3d9af.jpg

Well I was playing some disc golf today and I went for a swim to get my disc out of the water after a tree hit. 175 Boss that landed flat and miraculously floated. I strip down to my boxers and jump in after it since I was hot as hell anyways. My girls are laughing and taking video and pics so I rolled my boxers into thongs and screwed around for a while. Apparently some people where on the bridge around the corner and come into the clearing to see this...

NSFWish.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/88/l_d01c657d454f48fb80abb94ec0d3d9af.jpg

ROFL! Oh man, that is funny as hell. I will say, at least you have the body to pull it off. What was the reaction of the people who came out of the woods?

Deer in headlights. Women covered her mouth then her eyes. The girls I was with explained it to them after many laughs.

Saw one big guy tee off, slip off of the tee, do a front roll and roll about 10 ft. down the hill.

One of the first times my dad played, his foot slipped off the front of an elevated tee, and he came very close to doing the same thing, luckily he just fell without the roll. There were at least 10 people standing at the tee at the time (it's a really busy course), and as soon as he got up, every single one of them started laughing.

Today there were these 6 or 7 hot girls practing there flag tossing in the fairway. me and some buddys and just watched

Today there were these 6 or 7 hot girls practing there flag tossing in the fairway. me and some buddys and just watched

I don't blame you. I would have called for a time out, and just took a break there for a while.

we took maby a 10 minuet break? then they all just laid on the ground in the fairway, we threw around them (the throws wernt that good for some reason, hmm...)

How about the time I yelled fore to a group that was loitering around a basket...they stood there like they didn't hear me, so I yelled it again...then said "oh well, I yelled it twice" and teed off, landing a few feet from the basket, but luckily, they had moved on. It wasn't till my group was getting ready to tee off at the next hole that I saw them signing to each other...boy did I feel like a horses ass!

How about the time I yelled fore to a group that was loitering around a basket...they stood there like they didn't hear me, so I yelled it again...then said "oh well, I yelled it twice" and teed off, landing a few feet from the basket, but luckily, they had moved on. It wasn't till my group was getting ready to tee off at the next hole that I saw them signing to each other...boy did I feel like a horses ass!

Don't be hard on yourself. You didn't know.

My wife Has just started playing and on a good throw can maybe launch it 80-90 ft. which is better than the 30 ft. when she first started. We were playing hole #14 at Glen Hilton Park in Hickory, NC which is a 165 ft. straight downhill shot, lined on both sides with woods and the basket is actually behind a big tree at the bottom of the hill.

So, she launches it and releases late and it sails off into the woods on the right about 10 ft down and starts fading back to the left fairly soon. It make a big hook pattern, totally misses every tree and bush and comes back out of the woods, hits the ground and starts rolling to the left woods. On the way across the fairway, it hits a root, turns downhill toward the big tree at the bottom of the hill. Right before it is about to hit the tree, the disc hits another root right in front of the tree which turns it slightly right so it rolls just past the tree to the bottom of the hill and rolls past the basket.

It rolls up a small hill about 15 feet behind the basket, makes a beautiful 180 degree turn in about a 3 ft circle, rolls back down the hill and plops to a stop about 1-2 ft from the basket. My daughter and her boyfriend are witnesses to this and, needless to say, this is now my wife's favorite hole although she has never come anywhere near that close to it since. It was her first Birdie.

Hahaha Nice!

A similar but much more painful story:

We played sequoyah park last weekend and hole 7 looks ridiculously easy on the sign and in person. Just over 130' basically straight ahead with some trees but nothing **too** horrible.

5 shots later I was in but the funny part was my poor wife. 3 shots in and it looked like she was going to park it for at least just a bogey but the damn thing turned up on end, rolled past the basket, down a hill and to make matters worse, turns around behind a tree. She takes her shot from behind the tree and it repeats the action but does not go behind the tree this time.

All in all I think she rolled 3 times and it got to the point where I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous it was...luckily she felt the same otherwise it would've turned into a fight...I think she ended up with a 7.

The morale of the story is to not underestimate "Ace runs" in the woods damnit!!

Some kid around 12 years old, wandering around barefoot (there are tons of broken bottles all over this course from High School kids) would go up to every group who was about to throw their drive off this tee and ask if they wanted to do the Ringtone Challenge. Apparentely the Ringtone Challenge was him playing a ringtone from this cell phone while you took your drive and it was supposed to make your drive better. He was dead serious about it and was very adament about making everyone try it.

Where are this kids parents and why in the world is he walking around barefoot on a course I wouldn't even wear sandals on?

On hole 3, at Giles Run, where the basket it purched on a sharp slope, I tossed a soft up shot and watched as it landed at the base of the basket, then popped up, and slowly start to roll across the slope, then do a 180 back down the other way, then again....reminded me of a skier making their way down a slope, all the way to the bottom. I laughed to myself, and got it in with two more strokes for a bogey...but damn it it wasn't the prettiest bogey I ever had :)

Last Saturday I was playing T C Jester park in Houston with several friends , and one friend playing for his first time. We were playing off the short tees and we came to #4 which is only 235 feet, but there are some trees between you and the basket. My friend shot his disc,and it faded off at about the 130ft mark, so he landed about 100ft from the basket. He walked up to take his second shot, and I jokingly said "Show us how its done". He took out the DX Coyote I had given him, and launched it straight at the basket and stuck it in the chains. I was in shock and we all let out a yell. He just stood looking like "Wow."

It was his longest shot to hit the chains and his first birdie. It was very cool to see, and I am sure it made his day.

My rl friend, also on this site as deadbody (yes, I'm the guy from his post) and I were playing Lakewood Hills in White Bear Lake, MN. Second-to-last hole is about 320+, starts off flat and then goes up a steep hill. The basket is near the apex of the hill. It's also always very windy on this course.

Anyway, my drive sucks balls and ends up right of center, next to a tree just before the hill starts. I toss my second shot angrily, and it flies up to the basket, lands on edge, and rolls all the way down the other side of the hill. My friend is now laughing hysterically. After a stream of curses, I get to my disc and toss back up at the basket even more angrily. It hits the ground on edge with major speed, rolls up to the basket, and back down the other side, ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE TEEBOX.

As I reach the top of the hill, I see my disc back at the start, and my friend actually on the ground convulsing in fits of laughter.

I was playing with a buddy a long time ago out at Fitzgerald park in Grand Ledge Mi. We walk up to the 2nd hole and my buddy lets it fly. He gets a serious case of grip lock and his disc starts flying right like crazy. Right torwards an unsuspecting family that was grilling out at a pavilion that shouldnt really come into play. We yell out FORE the guy standing at the grill looks up surprised. Next thing you know my buddys disc lands on the grill cleaning out all the hot dogs and hamburgers that were on the grill. The guy just stood there dumb founded as there dinner laid on the ground and my buddys disc starts to melt. (Golf discs should never be placed on a hot BBQ grill.) My buddy ran up, apologized and peeled his disc off the grill. All the while the guy that was grilling just kind of stood there with a look of shock on his face. With his little kid crying in the back ground. I was trying not to laugh, but it was hard not to. I felt bad because my buddy obviously ruined their cook out, and his disc. But that sh!t was funny!:)

I was playing with a buddy a long time ago out at Fitzgerald park in Grand Ledge Mi. We walk up to the 2nd hole and my buddy lets it fly. He gets a serious case of grip lock and his disc starts flying right like crazy. Right torwards an unsuspecting family that was grilling out at a pavilion that shouldnt really come into play. We yell out FORE the guy standing at the grill looks up surprised. Next thing you know my buddys disc lands on the grill cleaning out all the hot dogs and hamburgers that were on the grill. The guy just stood there dumb founded as there dinner laid on the ground and my buddys disc starts to melt. (Golf discs should never be placed on a hot BBQ grill.) My buddy ran up, apologized and peeled his disc off the grill. All the while the guy that was grilling just kind of stood there with a look of shock on his face. With his little kid crying in the back ground. I was trying not to laugh, but it was hard not to. I felt bad because my buddy obviously ruined their cook out, and his disc. But that sh!t was funny!:)

That's hysterical. After the Disc Golf videos thread got that "Disc Golf Life" song stuck in my head, all I could think about was the line that goes:
Hyzer is a smooth shot, knocked the hot dogs off the grill.
I always thought that was a funny line but never thought it would ever really happen. Too funny.

My rl friend, also on this site as deadbody (yes, I'm the guy from his post) and I were playing Lakewood Hills in White Bear Lake, MN. Second-to-last hole is about 320+, starts off flat and then goes up a steep hill. The basket is near the apex of the hill. It's also always very windy on this course.

Anyway, my drive sucks balls and ends up right of center, next to a tree just before the hill starts. I toss my second shot angrily, and it flies up to the basket, lands on edge, and rolls all the way down the other side of the hill. My friend is now laughing hysterically. After a stream of curses, I get to my disc and toss back up at the basket even more angrily. It hits the ground on edge with major speed, rolls up to the basket, and back down the other side, ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE TEEBOX.

As I reach the top of the hill, I see my disc back at the start, and my friend actually on the ground convulsing in fits of laughter.

Dude I totally forgot about that till you posted, that was funny stuff.

Just played Acorn this afternoon, drove hole 1, hit a tree dropped into the crap. walked in and got my disc shoes sinking in the mud, grabbed a mid-range for the 2nd shot tossed it and started to walk out, as it hit a tree and rolled back, even deeper into the muck.

Damn near left it there, didn't help that my wife thought it was funny. And then asked how come I didn't get a 3 cause she did.

I hate women.

Latest posts