• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

I know this has been posted before, but it was the second time I have encountered it on the course. After finishing up the first hole and walking to the second tee pad, I looked down the fairway and saw about 10-12 guys running around hitting each other with their noodle swords and shields. I don't know what you call it, but they were having one heck of a battle trying to crack at each other with their swords of foam. They noticed me walk up to the teepad and gave me the go ahead to play through. I then lazered my leopard right at them and one of the guys had to duck, but they didn't seem upset, they just told me, "nice throw!"

Early in the summer(May or so) I played a round with a buddy, and then we started a 2nd round... As we get to the tee on #6 a guy rides by on his bike with a disc in his hand... Thinking nothing of it(why would you?) we tee off on #6... We finish the hole, and my buddy decides that he needs to get home... So we turn around, he throws his disc towards the 18th basket, and I start walking over by the long tee on #2... I throw 4 or 5 discs, and then go to pick em up... I get to my first disc, it landed by a clearing that you can see hole #1... I loko over, and the guy that rode by us 20 minutes ago is laying NAKED in the fairway on #1!!! WTF??? I picked up my discs and got out of there...

Same course(C.P.Adams in Hastings,MN) late winter(March or so) there was still snow on the ground... We get up from #14 a little hike up a hill, and I see 3 or 4 cop cars driving on 18th street... We play 15 and 16 and the cops are now out of their cars... I see an animal running around, and think that it might be a police dog(there is a Detox center near there) and maybe someone got away... Well it was a raccoon, and one of the cops walks up to it, and FIRES!!! Not once, not twice, but THREE times!!! He then walks back to his car, grabs a long pole with a rope on the end of it... The raccoon is still climbing the hill he was on, so the cop walks back up to him and FIRES a 4th shot... Then they start to leave and another discer asks the cop if it was dead, and the cop says "NO, BUT IT WILL DIE SOON"... WTF?!?!?!

I have seen the wizards and such playing around in the fields, too (I think they call them LARPs) while at Turkey Lake in Orlando. But while at Sycamore near Dayton, OH, I was with a couple of buddies and threw an errant shot that hit some nasty rough. While searching, this young-looking female walks up to us and propositioned us! She said straight up, "I will do whatever you want for some money". We were totally shocked, but I managed to say, "ok, find my disc and I'll give you $5"! She looked so strung out it was ridic.
So to finish this bizarre tale, on the way out we told a local what had happened, kind of warning him in case she was pissy. He goes, "Yeah, this park has a bad reputation. I don't play here without a sidearm", and showed us his Glock that he carried in his bag! I got the hell out of there immediately, and although it was an ok course, I am STRAIGHT!

While we were finishing the second round of a tournament last month we encountered a solid rock star on the course. Hole #4 has a large tree about halfway out and there was a depressed teen playing his guitar under the tree drinking King Cobras.

I bring my dad out to play last week for the first time last week. After I went over some fundamentals of the game we started a round. On the first hole he threw my brand new Surge ESP in to the water... Well we continued playing and I let him throw my Elite X XS. He started to get the hang of it and beofre you know it he is hitting two birdies in a row. Bagger....

Hahaha. He just set you up by getting rid of one of your drivers so you couldn't out-throw him!

He ended up buying me a new one and a stool for tournaments. So we are cool now...

We were playing the super course (where you throw from 1's pad to 2's basket) at Iroquois Park during leagues one winder day. Playing the course this way means your second drive on one holes is over a small pond. The pond had a paper thin layer of ice on it when we were playing. So one guy flubs his second drive, it's low and anhyzering toward the middle of the pond. Instead of blasting right through the ice as it should, his disc hits the ice, the entire sheet of ice flexes and the disc comes shooting out of the pond up onto dry ground. Incredible!

We were playing the super course (where you throw from 1's pad to 2's basket) at Iroquois Park during leagues one winder day. Playing the course this way means your second drive on one holes is over a small pond. The pond had a paper thin layer of ice on it when we were playing. So one guy flubs his second drive, it's low and anhyzering toward the middle of the pond. Instead of blasting right through the ice as it should, his disc hits the ice, the entire sheet of ice flexes and the disc comes shooting out of the pond up onto dry ground. Incredible!

Wow. I would have paid to see that. That sounds like it was cool looking.:eek:

On memorial day, my brother-in-law and I were playing at Barre Falls in Barre, MA. My tee shot on hole #9 was an errant throw to the right side, and it landed right underneath a tree that was leaning over the right side of the fairway. As we approach my disc, we look up and realize there is a MASSIVE porcupine asleep in the tree! Sprawled out and everything. So, I walked underneath him verrry quietly as my B.I.L. watched the thing to make sure it wasn't aware of my presence. It never woke up.

Was told the following story just over lunch break. I'll tell it like he told me.

There is a hole over in Plymouth, MN that has a blind basket. The hill crest is just past the teepad and then it goes downhill to the basket, and then to the right there is a bunch of picnic tables. I just ripped my drive over the hill and then ran up to the top of the hill to watch where it was landing. My drive was in the middle of the fairway so I was fine, and I turned to my buddy and told him to go. When he let go, he released with a TON of griplock, shanking the disc way off to the right. Completely ignorant of the situation at hand was a lady sitting by herself at a picnic table. She was on the phone, and looked like she was waiting for someone with a giant bucket of KFC chicken. I screamed "look out!" and "Fore!" a couple times, but she never heard me. The disc goes flying in and just takes out the bucket of chicken. Fried chicken parts go everywhere and the bucket lands empty on the ground. Completely shocked the lady just sits there and stares blankly at what was supposed to be her lunch....

Was told the following story just over lunch break. I'll tell it like he told me.

There is a hole over in Plymouth, MN that has a blind basket. The hill crest is just past the teepad and then it goes downhill to the basket, and then to the right there is a bunch of picnic tables. I just ripped my drive over the hill and then ran up to the top of the hill to watch where it was landing. My drive was in the middle of the fairway so I was fine, and I turned to my buddy and told him to go. When he let go, he released with a TON of griplock, shanking the disc way off to the right. Completely ignorant of the situation at hand was a lady sitting by herself at a picnic table. She was on the phone, and looked like she was waiting for someone with a giant bucket of KFC chicken. I screamed "look out!" and "Fore!" a couple times, but she never heard me. The disc goes flying in and just takes out the bucket of chicken. Fried chicken parts go everywhere and the bucket lands empty on the ground. Completely shocked the lady just sits there and stares blankly at what was supposed to be her lunch....

Oh man, that had to be hilarious to see the fried chicken explosion. I bet the lady's face was hilarious.

Can you imagine that just happening out of nowhere? Damn that would be shocking as hell.

Dude I totally forgot about that till you posted, that was funny stuff.

Just played Acorn this afternoon, drove hole 1, hit a tree dropped into the crap. walked in and got my disc shoes sinking in the mud, grabbed a mid-range for the 2nd shot tossed it and started to walk out, as it hit a tree and rolled back, even deeper into the muck.

Damn near left it there, didn't help that my wife thought it was funny. And then asked how come I didn't get a 3 cause she did.

I hate women.

Women suck

...no offense women

Early in the summer(May or so) I played a round with a buddy, and then we started a 2nd round... As we get to the tee on #6 a guy rides by on his bike with a disc in his hand... Thinking nothing of it(why would you?) we tee off on #6... We finish the hole, and my buddy decides that he needs to get home... So we turn around, he throws his disc towards the 18th basket, and I start walking over by the long tee on #2... I throw 4 or 5 discs, and then go to pick em up... I get to my first disc, it landed by a clearing that you can see hole #1... I loko over, and the guy that rode by us 20 minutes ago is laying NAKED in the fairway on #1!!! WTF??? I picked up my discs and got out of there...

Same course(C.P.Adams in Hastings,MN) late winter(March or so) there was still snow on the ground... We get up from #14 a little hike up a hill, and I see 3 or 4 cop cars driving on 18th street... We play 15 and 16 and the cops are now out of their cars... I see an animal running around, and think that it might be a police dog(there is a Detox center near there) and maybe someone got away... Well it was a raccoon, and one of the cops walks up to it, and FIRES!!! Not once, not twice, but THREE times!!! He then walks back to his car, grabs a long pole with a rope on the end of it... The raccoon is still climbing the hill he was on, so the cop walks back up to him and FIRES a 4th shot... Then they start to leave and another discer asks the cop if it was dead, and the cop says "NO, BUT IT WILL DIE SOON"... WTF?!?!?!

Did you make those up? I'm not doubting you, just that I laughed so hard when I read them it's hard to believe them. OMG good stories man, wish I coulda been there. :D

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh damn! I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! That is the funniest disc golf story I have heard so far. Thank you for posting that. I just pictured that in my head, and that was great!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh damn! I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! That is the funniest disc golf story I have heard so far. Thank you for posting that. I just pictured that in my head, and that was great!

I was laying on the table laughing as he told me this, I couldn't breathe for a few minutes. Good times... Good times...

I was laying on the table laughing as he told me this, I couldn't breathe for a few minutes. Good times... Good times...

I would have loved to see that, but I think the image I have in my head is better.

I would like to hear "The rest of the story" and find out what the lady said. Last time I looked , a bucket of chicken is about $15.

Did you make those up? I'm not doubting you, just that I laughed so hard when I read them it's hard to believe them. OMG good stories man, wish I coulda been there. :D

The sad thing is that I barely even laughed at this because an officer in my jurisdiction did the same thing with his service sidearm ... while off-duty ... putting up his deer blind. Sigh. Some people.

Latest posts