• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Anyone from Berkeley's Aquatic Park want to speak up? Sure to be some interesting things found in the bushes by the south part of the course!

When I was helping to build Golden Gate Park, I found $324 in the bushes. No wallet or ID was nearby. So I pocketed it. Nice ground score fo sho

I remember finding a bunch of dead rats there one time in the early 90's, probably the resuly of flooding was my guess.

^^^^ That's better than most of us will see for lifetime tourney payouts and CTP/Ace pots combined (enter chrishysell, "Not me!").

granted it was before GGP was built. If that were today, I'm sure that pile of green would be scooped up faster than a cougar in a dive bar.

produce guy found the hole on Hole #8. That's a pretty significant find from a DGCR standpoint.

a life size, flesh colored rubber fist. i was playing through pier park (portland, or) some years ago and sitting in a shrub looked like some sort of dismembered arm. walked up on it, and surely enough a rubber floppy forearm and fist.
how do i know it was floppy? if you find a rubber fist in the bushes, all natural instants be damned; you pick that thing up and flop it around at anyone willing to come close.
kept it in my trunk a few years. on a recent trip back into the states from canada i got my car searched by an old guy. finally decided it was sending off the wrong message, so i took it back home. dropped it around hole 18.

i found an 18k 12diamond (2ct total diamond weight) ring.
still have it. posted lots of **** up trying too find the owner.
at this point, i'm thinking of putting the diamonds into something else.

just met this guy who found a dead dude on the course and had to call it in, less than a month ago...crazy. now the hole is deemed "red rum". ive heard my home town(shall remain nameless) had 2 bodies dumped on 2 separate courses across town in one year, several years back. that is believable on the other hand..

...and i find it hilarious when i randomly spot the ghetto grilling entrepreneur flaming some rowdy meats from hole 16's basket like its a friggin foreman. ever wonder why some of those baskets are grilled to blackness??? haha. they really need to come out with a tourny: "basket grillin' burnout, bring your own meat!"

Played on Sunday, and near the basket for #4 at Windwood, in Houston, we found a dead rabbit about 15 ft from the basket. No sign of a struggle, so we think he might have been hit with a disc.

Also, near hole #3 at Timber Lane, there was a dead, and rotting , pit-bull . Looked like someone tried to bury it, and didn't' do a very good job. Smelled terrible.

A pack of bums sitting in a circle around the basket. Hole 6, Pease Park (RIP) Austin, TX. As we holed out over their heads, and I begin walking away, one of the bums asks me to take a disc and throw it as hard as i can at his face. He said he wanted to make sure he was still alive. Only in Austin.....

HA! That place sure has/had its share of bums. Just before I moved away I was playing the capital hole and a nude old guy on a bike came crashing through and was gone as quickly as he appeared. Since it was Pease (RIP) I questioned if it was worthy of this thread since that's the norm.

Latest posts