• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Man Runs Out of the Woods

We were out one day playing Disc Golf in the snow on a 9 Hole course an out of the blue on hold number 8 a man runs out of the woods wearing stockings and says you guys are crazy for being out here in the snow and our reply......... what just happened....

Me and my buddy were at a chill spot on a local course a couple of days ago, getting ready to chill, when about half a dozen police officers come running up to us. We can also hear police car sirens probably bringing even more officers. My heart is pounding. One of the officers says "hey have you seen a guy wearing a white t shirt and orange tennis shoes?". What? "We have an escaped prisoner on the run and were told he came this way...". This all happened out of no where so it took me a second to process what was happening. When I finally did all I could say was "um no, I just got here" as if that makes any difference. They kept going and it ended as fast as it started. We kept hearing helicopters for a while...not sure if they ever caught the guy but we were on the lookout. They told us to dial 911 if we saw him.

This is similar to an incident I experienced at Cedar Rock Park in Burlington, NC a few years ago.

Was playing with my 980 rated buddy from Wisconsin and my lady friend. We had all just teed off of #5 and are starting down the fairs way when we hear "Hey!". We look over to the #2 tee pad (about 500' away) and see 2 sheriff deputies walking our way. We all smile and wave and say "hey" back then continue towards our discs. The deputies (now about 400' away) say "can we talk to you?". I respond with "sure" while hiding the beer I just opened behind my girlfriends back. They ask "have you been to the pro shop?" and I say "I've been in there before but not today. Why do we have to pay to play today?". Now about 200' away they reply "No, never mind. Have a nice day." My curiosity piqued I ask " What's going on?". They were turning to walk away but responded with " A guy dressed just like you dropped a bag of marijuana in there today but he was in his 20's so it can't be you."

Being in my late 40's but feeling like I look young for my age I felt like telling them "Hey man throw me a bone. Can't you at least get a little closer than 200' before deciding I am an old fart?". Of course the open beer made me reconsider drawing any more attention to myself and I just watched them go on their way.

Oddly enough, around hole 8 or 9, I see a guy dressed almost identical to me about 500' away on hole 14 (I think). He was definitely much younger than me. Also several inches taller and 80 pounds heavier, so my hurt feelings at being ruled too old from 200' were somewhat mended.

I considered trying to find the deputies or calling the pro shop but I was having a pretty good round and didn't want to break the flow. So we all just laughed it off and enjoyed the day.

This is similar to an incident I experienced at Cedar Rock Park in Burlington, NC a few years ago.

Was playing with my 980 rated buddy from Wisconsin and my lady friend. We had all just teed off of #5 and are starting down the fairs way when we hear "Hey!". We look over to the #2 tee pad (about 500' away) and see 2 sheriff deputies walking our way. We all smile and wave and say "hey" back then continue towards our discs. The deputies (now about 400' away) say "can we talk to you?". I respond with "sure" while hiding the beer I just opened behind my girlfriends back. They ask "have you been to the pro shop?" and I say "I've been in there before but not today. Why do we have to pay to play today?". Now about 200' away they reply "No, never mind. Have a nice day." My curiosity piqued I ask " What's going on?". They were turning to walk away but responded with " A guy dressed just like you dropped a bag of marijuana in there today but he was in his 20's so it can't be you."

Being in my late 40's but feeling like I look young for my age I felt like telling them "Hey man throw me a bone. Can't you at least get a little closer than 200' before deciding I am an old fart?". Of course the open beer made me reconsider drawing any more attention to myself and I just watched them go on their way.

Oddly enough, around hole 8 or 9, I see a guy dressed almost identical to me about 500' away on hole 14 (I think). He was definitely much younger than me. Also several inches taller and 80 pounds heavier, so my hurt feelings at being ruled too old from 200' were somewhat mended.

I considered trying to find the deputies or calling the pro shop but I was having a pretty good round and didn't want to break the flow. So we all just laughed it off and enjoyed the day.

I was gonna tldr this, but damn that's hilarious. Also why does wisconsin have alot of good players?

Me and my buddy were at a chill spot on a local course a couple of days ago, getting ready to chill, when about half a dozen police officers come running up to us. We can also hear police car sirens probably bringing even more officers. My heart is pounding. One of the officers says "hey have you seen a guy wearing a white t shirt and orange tennis shoes?". What? "We have an escaped prisoner on the run and were told he came this way...". This all happened out of no where so it took me a second to process what was happening. When I finally did all I could say was "um no, I just got here" as if that makes any difference. They kept going and it ended as fast as it started. We kept hearing helicopters for a while...not sure if they ever caught the guy but we were on the lookout. They told us to dial 911 if we saw him.

If you get a call about a found disc from that area, TELL HIM TO KEEP IT.

Playing Rankin Park with a couple newer players and if you noob-hyzer one particular hole it will head left into a parking lot.

Sure enough, there is a dude in his car not in an actual spot but very much in the way if you come up short with a RHBH hyzer.

My buddy bounces a noob-hyzer off his windshield and guy gets out of his car starting to yell "Hey! What the F..." then my 90 pound black lab starts trotting up to meet this new friend that just popped out of that car and oh look he turned right TF around and got in his car and drove off. Sorry Sancho-pup, we'll meet some new friends later I guess!

Oh and a snake pissed on this same guy from up in a tree on the teepad for hole 17 at Century Park.

I was gonna tldr this, but damn that's hilarious. Also why does wisconsin have alot of good players?

TLDR? No idea what that means.

Not sure. My buddy only plays spring through fall while we play year round down here in NC. He plays a lot of open windy courses up there in the Madison area. So he has huge distance. He moved down here for a couple of years a while back so we got him to dial in his accuracy in the woods. He comes down just before he starts his tournament season to get beat up in the woods and then take that accuracy back to the open windy courses up in wisky.

TLDR? No idea what that means.

Not sure. My buddy only plays spring through fall while we play year round down here in NC. He plays a lot of open windy courses up there in the Madison area. So he has huge distance. He moved down here for a couple of years a while back so we got him to dial in his accuracy in the woods. He comes down just before he starts his tournament season to get beat up in the woods and then take that accuracy back to the open windy courses up in wisky.

Too Long Dont Read

I would have warned the guy that the cops were looking for him. Funny how our perspectives differ.

I would have warned the guy that the cops were looking for him. Funny how our perspectives differ.

I considered that too but he was pretty far away and would have taken me in the opposite direction from where our drives were.

We had seen the cop car leave the area after our interacton so they didn't seem too motivated.

If I had told the guy, it probably would have saved him some time searching his car for his lost stuff. So yeah that probably would have been the neighborly thing to do.

A buddy hit an early tree on hole 2 at Cedar Hills in Raleigh. He threw a roller on his next shot. It got off line, rolled 4' up a tree, kicked back into a smaller tree, rolled down that on and continued rolling about 30' toward the basket. The old loop to loop trick.

A buddy hit an early tree on hole 2 at Cedar Hills in Raleigh. He threw a roller on his next shot. It got off line, rolled 4' up a tree, kicked back into a smaller tree, rolled down that on and continued rolling about 30' toward the basket. The old loop to loop trick.

We call those membership kicks. Gotta make sure your dues are paid up to get kick backs like that.

seen a guy peeing on hole one...public course that is also home to a playground and other areas for families. And hole one is out in the open near a road. Also there is a bathroom literally 50-100 feet away. out in the woods yea go for it but on hole 1?

seen a guy peeing on hole one...public course that is also home to a playground and other areas for families. And hole one is out in the open near a road. Also there is a bathroom literally 50-100 feet away. out in the woods yea go for it but on hole 1?

Not to defend indecent exposure, but at least he did a number one on hole number one. That's better than a number 2 on hole number 2.:popcorn::sick::thmbdown::hfive::D

i just have to extra careful. Don't work with kids anymore (i miss it sometimes) but if i ever want to get back into it don't need an indecent exposure on a playground cause someone i'm playing with did something dumb.

I just remembered another one. A women (Hippy) meditating on the tee pad sitting on a blanket. She moved around from teepad to teepad as golfers came through. It was pretty weird.

I just remembered another one. A women (Hippy) meditating on the tee pad sitting on a blanket. She moved around from teepad to teepad as golfers came through. It was pretty weird.

A Hippy? In the wild?!?!? Thats a rare sighting indeed. :|

Sounds like the cops wanted to get that bag back to it's rightful owner pretty badly. ;)