• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funny on-course true stories

Me and my group found a brand new Dynamic 10 disc bag with an old beer in it and a small baggie of cocaine in it at Highbridge. No name - friend kept the DD bag but not the coke. He tried the beer and said it was old and tasted like piss.

I had a guy in Sanford stop my group to talk our ears off about how he was playing. He looked like a portly, bearded version of Mel Gibson, crazy eyes and all, and he was really excited that he was playing 900 level golf. "That's pro golf" he said emphatically. He also went on to claim that he could throw his putter over 1000'. The putter in question was a Coyote by the way. After a good 15 minutes of portly Mel yammering on I interrupted him with a "WELL ENJOY YOUR ROUND, PAL!" and quickly shepherded my much too polite friends away from him.

Sounds like the Sanford guy enjoyed the coke! :hfive:

YES! Just got reminded of one of my favorites from another story on this thread. Years back I'm playing a PDGA event in the quad cities area. We are playing a hole with a residential road bordering the left side of the fairway. One of my card mates fades one out early and as it's flying toward the road the timing is lining up pretty good with a mid 90s white convertible Chrysler LaBaron. Sure enough, it strikes the side of the car and the guy comes to a halt and jumps out screaming. The combination of this guys blonde hair, car (top down), and general demeanor just had douche written all over it. The guy who threw the shot was not negligent at all and started to apologize right away. He was a really relaxed guy and tried to explain it was an accident but douche guy kept on yelling. He was acting like it was intentional. My card mate listens for a minute while blondey throws himself around like a child, and after a long pause he check mates the conversation by a simple, "Nice Car Man". I lost it. It was the best thing he could of said. The guy eventually hopped back into his sacred LaBaron, top down and drove off. I laughed real hard.

You kind of had to be there I guess, but if you can visualize this situation and that perfectly timed sarcastic line, I hope it brings a giggle or two.

YES! Just got reminded of one of my favorites from another story on this thread. Years back I'm playing a PDGA event in the quad cities area. We are playing a hole with a residential road bordering the left side of the fairway. One of my card mates fades one out early and as it's flying toward the road the timing is lining up pretty good with a mid 90s white convertible Chrysler LaBaron. Sure enough, it strikes the side of the car and the guy comes to a halt and jumps out screaming. The combination of this guys blonde hair, car (top down), and general demeanor just had douche written all over it. The guy who threw the shot was not negligent at all and started to apologize right away. He was a really relaxed guy and tried to explain it was an accident but douche guy kept on yelling. He was acting like it was intentional. My card mate listens for a minute while blondey throws himself around like a child, and after a long pause he check mates the conversation by a simple, "Nice Car Man". I lost it. It was the best thing he could of said. The guy eventually hopped back into his sacred LaBaron, top down and drove off. I laughed real hard.

You kind of had to be there I guess, but if you can visualize this situation and that perfectly timed sarcastic line, I hope it brings a giggle or two.

That is funny, but the part I find hard to believe is the fact the LeBaron was actually running and not in a shop!

it was a cold day and i was throwing my dx colt putter from the fairway. I let it rip and as I did the disc became two. one half flew over a privacy fence and into the thickest poison ivy i have ever seen and the other half went 20 or so feet down the fairway. you had to be there but everyone had a good laugh.

Not really an "on course" story, but... I'm in Tucson last year and pull into the parking lot for Marana Rocks. Right behind me, another car pulls in and the guy gets out with a Carolina Panthers t-shirt on. Turns out he was from Goldsboro, NC, now "Alive in Tucson". We ended up throwing together (with another local), both of who guided me around that difficult to figure out course.
We talked a lot about the Kiwanis course in Gboro that we had both played and other NC courses we had played. How funny is it that I'm over 2000 miles from home, and meet somebody that has played a lot of the courses I have played!

Last edited:
So I have two stories to share, the first happened to me, the second was a friend of mine.

So a few months back my friend and I were playing on a Saturday in the mid afternoon. Were throwing a hole and I let go of it late and the disc lands on the path and slides 10 feet from this family walking. The kid runs up to the disc and goes to pick it up and throw it back to me. This is pretty normal on a Saturday so I responded calmly and said "Hey, you can just leave the disc. Thank you". The dad then turns and is visibly mad at me. I respond with "Its all good". The dad then starts yelling at me "ITS ALL GOOD" while puffing up his chest. I turn to my friend like what is going on and proceed to get to my disc. Thankfully the dad just kept walking. Looking back its funny, not so in the moment.

Second story, my friend and his dad are playing a hole that is alongside the parking lot. This is the middle of a weekday and there are very few cars in the parking lot. My friend launches a throw and of course it hits the back windshield of a car cracking it. My buddy is walking over to leave a note when two people get out of the backseat. My buddy proceeds to give him his information and wants to handle it through insurance. The guy is adamant that this can not go through insurance. My buddy picks up on the fact that this guy obviously doesn't want someone to know where he was in the middle of the day. They go back and forth for a while and they decide to split the cost of the window and the guy is supposed to call him. He still hasn't called my friend back.

Playing RIPT and had the card slammed on me that allowed everyone to target me. I was throwing a left handed, thumber with a putter with my eyes closed and not allowed to say a thing until I completed the hole. I lined up my shot before I closed my eyes, intended to spike it into the ground and turn it into a roller. It is a short hole but with a tight window that doglegs left. I have this fairly dialed in as a rhbh player, but this was going to be an impossible shot.

I smashed it into the ground no more than five feet off the tee, and it hits so hard that it bounced into the shrubbery on the right.

The lowlight of this story is that a non-playing couple was walking by us on the path this tee shares. The wife, thinking she was funny, says, "I don't play, but even I can throw better than that." By the time I was allowed to talk, five minutes later, I had nothing I could have said at that point to save my reputation. Every time this story comes, I still have nothing to say.

Not really an "on course" story, but... I'm in Tucson last year and pull into the parking lot for Marana Rocks. Right behind me, another car pulls in and the guy gets out with a Carolina Panthers t-shirt on. Turns out he was from Goldsboro, NC, now "Alive in Tucson". We ended up throwing together (with another local), both of who guided me around that difficult to figure out course.
We talked a lot about the Kiwanis course in Gboro that we had both played and other NC courses we had played. How funny is it that I'm over 2000 miles from home, and meet somebody that has played a lot of the courses I have played!

Well, the distance isn't the same, but this just happened this weekend. Punderson State Park in Newbury, OH (NE Ohio, probably 45min from downtown Cleveland). Just as we are about to get started on our weekly doubles, a car pulls up with NY Plates. Three guys from the Buffalo area get out and are worried it might be a tournament. They were on their way to GBO and stopped to play the course. They joined us for the round. Another friend of theirs had arrived when we were half way done.

Now, here is the weird part (not really funny). Just as we finished, another car with NY plates pulls in. These guys know the guy and girl in this car. They are not headed to GBO, they just randomly drove down to play the course, not knowing these guys would be there.

Nothing like running into friends randomly 3 hours away from home.

So I have two stories to share, the first happened to me, the second was a friend of mine.

So a few months back my friend and I were playing on a Saturday in the mid afternoon. Were throwing a hole and I let go of it late and the disc lands on the path and slides 10 feet from this family walking. The kid runs up to the disc and goes to pick it up and throw it back to me. This is pretty normal on a Saturday so I responded calmly and said "Hey, you can just leave the disc. Thank you". The dad then turns and is visibly mad at me. I respond with "Its all good". The dad then starts yelling at me "ITS ALL GOOD" while puffing up his chest. I turn to my friend like what is going on and proceed to get to my disc. Thankfully the dad just kept walking. Looking back its funny, not so in the moment.

Second story, my friend and his dad are playing a hole that is alongside the parking lot. This is the middle of a weekday and there are very few cars in the parking lot. My friend launches a throw and of course it hits the back windshield of a car cracking it. My buddy is walking over to leave a note when two people get out of the backseat. My buddy proceeds to give him his information and wants to handle it through insurance. The guy is adamant that this can not go through insurance. My buddy picks up on the fact that this guy obviously doesn't want someone to know where he was in the middle of the day. They go back and forth for a while and they decide to split the cost of the window and the guy is supposed to call him. He still hasn't called my friend back.

LOL, wow that's some disc karma there! Probably the only time your friend will break a window with a plastic disc, and its some dudes car that doesn't want to leave a trail.
Was it a VW?

:thmbup: