• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Fuse feel...but more stability

TripleC8601

Birdie Member
I don't know what it is about my Fuse, but it feels good in my hand. With confidence being a good 80% of my game I'm looking for a stable mid to give me that same confidence. Has anyone thrown a disc that feels like a Fuse, but more on the neutral/stable side? I've tried the Warship but it flipped more than I expected. Thanks.

Buzzz feels similar in the hand to me, but I don't know if others would agree. Also, that's a bit more stable than neutral, so I don't know if you would want to go that route.

Buzzz feels similar in the hand to me, but I don't know if others would agree. Also, that's a bit more stable than neutral, so I don't know if you would want to go that route.

I actually have a 10th Anny in my bag that I'm trying out. So far I like it, just fades out harder than I expected.

Heavy Opto Core might be what you're looking for.

I carry a GL Core, but it's not predictable like my Fuse. Probably a form problem on my end but it flips more than I'd like. Is the Opto substantially more stable?

Stick with the buzzz, it is so easy to throw them dead nuts straight especially if you use it for a month.

The Buzzz will beat in before to long and loose that end of flight fade. I carry the Fuse for right turns, a light Glo Buzzz for slight right, and a fresh 10 year Buzzz for everything else.

However, the Gold line or Opto Pure has been slowly taking over my shot selection. Not as fast as the Buzzz but will hold any line you put it on. Does have a nice bit of glide so it will go aways if you give it enough height.

As far as feel goes, I'm not sure what to tell you there, the Fuse as its own thing going on.

the buzzz does not feel like a fuse... you buzzz people will say anything to advance your agenda.

roc is much closer, look at the rims.

Maybe a warship would work. It feels similar to a Fuse and is a pretty neutral flyer.

Discraft Meteor is where it is at for this slot. It has a nice turn but will fade back slightly. Ripped on Hyzer it will go straight. Get a heavy ESP 177+ and you will be happy. I love it because if feels like a ultimate frisbee but smaller of course.

explain to me how a meteor is a more stable compliment to the Fuse?

Which fuse do you have opto or GL? Opto was the more stable and my preference. It held all lines well and wasn't as much a touch disc or hyzer flip disc like the GL.

I throw GL. Too much overlap to throw a Fuse in GL and Opto?

the buzzz does not feel like a fuse... you buzzz people will say anything to advance your agenda.

I tried a KC Roc and it wasn't for me. The bead affected the feel that I was looking for.

Discraft Meteor is where it is at for this slot. It has a nice turn but will fade back slightly. Ripped on Hyzer it will go straight. Get a heavy ESP 177+ and you will be happy. I love it because if feels like a ultimate frisbee but smaller of course.

Haven't worked on hyzer flipping much. When I do throw my Fuse on a nice hyzer, I can get it to flip and go straight....just not consistently. I'm looking for more of a disc I could rip flat and go straight...but softly finishing left.

Is your fuse GL or opto? Weight? and does it have dome or more concave/flat top?

I suggest finding an Opto 180g+ domey fuse which will be much more HSS and also have a little low speed fade compared to a lighter GL which flip much easier and have no fade after thrown a few rounds.

Haven't worked on hyzer flipping much. When I do throw my Fuse on a nice hyzer, I can get it to flip and go straight....just not consistently. I'm looking for more of a disc I could rip flat and go straight...but softly finishing left.

Learning to consistently hyzer-flip a fuse as well as being able to throw it on a controlled hyzer will be a great thing for your game over-all. You can throw a fuse on nearly any DG line given the conditions and it is probably one of the longest flying midranges I have ever thrown. Discing up may just hide problems with your form which is not bad given you get the shot you are looking for but will hinder your development of a "clean" throw.

I rescind my recommendation, you are right they don't feel identical. I've thrown a lot of midranges and I don't know one that feels truly identical to a fuse. In my opinion the fuse has an extremely generic profile aside from the unique flare/ramp rim which unsurprisingly feels very similar to most other midrange rims in hand. I don't care what the best midrange is or if anyone else in the world throws a Buzzz and I am sure extremely few people do aside from Discraft and some of their team. I will not recommend a roc. Would you prefer I recommend a MD2? I do not think it feels much more like a fuse than a Buzzz and I like the Buzzz's flight much more. Nevermind, I recommend a flat C-MD2 now. Also I would like to set in writing what everyone already knows, new013 is a troll whether he means to be or not and every once in a while he will find a way to incite a negative reaction from you.