• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Fuse - Recycled vs Opto or Gold

anrew18

Par Member
I have a Recycled Fuse that I like. However it is very sick and the rim seems thinner than the Optos I have felt on the shelf at my local store. I was thinking of replacing it with a better plastic. Can any one who has thrown both comment on their flight and grip experience.

Thanks.

I like a heavy Opto for mostly straight shots and the GL for anny's and turnovers. If I had to pick just one, I could survive with a heavy GL.

Thanks! That is pretty much what I was considering. Just wanted to research before pulling the trigger.

Opaque optos offer a better grip than the older translucent variety. Definitely a difference in turn from weights. I like mine to turn so I bag 170g but the the max weights are straighter. Hmmm could possibly bag both and dump the Buzzz but that's crazy-talk.

I prefer heavy Optos and beating them into super predictable flippers. The Recycleds seem pretty flippy from the jump and GL generally provides a happy medium for most people. I'd say grip is pretty subjective across the plastics but they grip up as they age. If you think RGL is slick you might want to lean towards Opto b/c GL can be a little slick when new too.

I've got a 178 gold line and love it. The only thing better was a test material I had that felt like zero hard or retro plastic. I wish they would pump out some other discs in the baseline stuff.

beat those damn discs up. the closest you can come for a baseline fuse is a seasoned recycled line. there is so such thing as grippy new premium plastic.

beat those damn discs up. the closest you can come for a baseline fuse is a seasoned recycled line. there is so such thing as grippy new premium plastic.

I disagree. I just bought an opto Pure (best decision ever) and it is WAY gripper than my recycled Pure. I have been quite disappointed with the recycled line from latitude. Get what you pay for I guess.

The only recycled one I've got is a Spike, but it's a little grippier than any of my opto discs. I suppose with eco plastics the blend is likely to vary a bit from run to run. As for Fuses, I think your choice depends on what you want it to do. They can be nice turners and flippers, or they can be great super straight discs. I like other discs for straight, and I settled on the tourny Tursas for an awesome understable that rivals a Stingray, but with Fuses I was happiest with a 172 gold and a 170 opto...different flights, both great discs. I like the grip and feel of the gold a little better but in the heat and as they wear in (and with windex!) the opto feels pretty awesome after awhile, and definitely beats in slower and holds it's spot for longer. You might even check out a Flying Squirrel sometime...I don't have one anymore but those are pretty sweet.

I've thrown the Opto, Gold Line, and Recycled blends from Latitude. The only one I'm NOT digging is the Opto. I'm sure it lasts forever, but the grip just isn't there for me (especially when wet). I don't throw the Fuse often, but if I had my rathers, I would stick to the GL plastic exclusively.

Hit me up if you do like the Opto though. I think I'm going to get rid of mine...

Latest posts