• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Fuse VS Claymore VS Bounty

G-Vaughn0906

What is the difference is between these discs? They all have similar flight numbers, so I was trying to compare them and see who's thrown them and what you like them for. Thanks in advance.

Claymore is probably the most stable out of the bunch. I like the hand feel the best. Shallower then the other two. Fuse is going to be much more apt to turn with little to no fade.

Bounty is closer to a Comet. The worst IMO hand feel. Straight to slightly understable. Bounty had the most glide I think, Fuse very close second. Claymore third.

The Claymore is basically a trashed Buzzz. Never thrown a Bounty but it looks like a Comet clone. The Fuse is a magical woods carving disc that seeks out metal like Liam Neeson seeks out Eastern European villains.

I might be biased. The Opto-x and new Optos in the "Italian/German" clearish plastic seem to be the most stable or least touchy.

I agree with BrotherDave on the Bounty and Fuse. The Bounty feels like a Comet, and flies like a Comet (not a fan of the feel). The Fuse is magical for woods and gets aces. I prefer Opto-X Fuses.

Of the three mentioned, I only own the Claymore. Mine is in Frost plastic and I bought it from a bike shop that also has a small assortment of discs, and truthfully I didn't really vision using it as much as I do, I bought it more just to support the retailer. However, now it is always in my bag and I use it multiple times every round. I primarily use it as a mid-range, approach disc. It flies straight and it sticks when it lands, not many roll-aways.

Never did get my hands on a fuse.. The bounty is very Comet like with more of a Buzzz feel, it is flatter, bead less, and turns a bit thrown flat on a Comet line. Kinda goofy to a comet guy but honestly not too far off.

Latest posts