• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway Disc offer

Fntsygamr

Bogey Member
Has anyone seen the offer that Gateway Discs has out there for clubs? $15 domestic or $40 international shipping cost will get you a 10 disc pack for your club to test and review the discs. Not sure what they will be sending, but I have placed an order and it will be here on Wednesday.

Anyone have experience with Gateway Disc products?

They have six solid putter molds.
Their mids are under rated, I throw Elements and Demons.
A little shaky with drivers but Apaches, Assassins, and Slayers are all quality.
The knock on Gateway has always been plastic consistency, but it's mostly bull.
All in all it's a good line of discs.

Putters are best. I'm a Prodigy guy but still use a Wizard for putting even after trying Prod putters for a while. I threw the warrior and element for a while but have the low grade plastic and it beat in pretty fast.

Warriors absolutely rule. They're fast, OS & very reliable. The flat warriors are incredibly similar to the coveted sentinels that people are fawning over now.

I really like the Wizard, Warlock, Elemet, Demon, Speed Demon and Apatche. Very solid lineup overall, their plastic is just a little different.

Very cool company, they do many different specials and offer really good pricing on custom/tourney packages for clubs and events. They have done a good job of catching up with the newer premium plastics, and for my dollar, I'd rather have one of their Sure Grip discs than DX, Pro-D or any other companies baseline plastic.

I took advantage of it. They want people to try out their discs that aren't named wizard, magic, voodoo, or warlock. In the box of ten, I received a new chief and shaman, and factory second/xout karma, mystic, warrior, sabre, apache, spirit, rampage, and samurai. They all had test fly disc written in large ink on the top of the disc (so they can't be flipped for profit).
It has been nice to put them into the hands of some of the newer players in my club so that they can see what kind of discs are out there.
I think it is a brilliant strategy, as I had never thrown any of their discs besides their workhorse putters before.

I started this process a couple days ago, should be here Monday.
I personally want to try the Shaman and Chief.
Beside the all the putters the only other Gateway disc I have is a Samurai.
(its too fast for me)
So this should be a great program.

Plus while I was at it, I went ahead and ordered 5 more Magics :)

hey bc, any comments on the shaman or chief?

I'm loving my chief. I don't putt with it as it just doesn't feel right on a putt.

It has become my primary approach disc especially for FH shots. The very shallow depth & FAF top makes it feel so natural to FH. This is the first putter that I have been able to FH reliably, so much so that I've switched to mostly FH approaches (assuming the line allows it).

You get 10 discs with TESTER in big letters on the top in black sharpie, FYI.

You get 10 discs with TESTER in big letters on the top in black sharpie, FYI.

Better than TESTES in big letters on the top in black sharpie. :p

Never really have thrown a Gateway disc, but they make one of the best quaility bags on the market. :thmbup:

hey bc, any comments on the shaman or chief?

Both of those have stayed in my bag since I field tested them. I have driven with wizards and magics for years, but my small hands cause grip/release issues. I find the chief has a touch less HS stability, but it is a beauty for approaches for me. I am going to order up a few more and audition it as my main putter as I do not know if I am completely sold on the judge.

The shaman is great for turnover shots and it seems like it will be more reliable for me than the magic. This could be due to the better grip I am able to get. we will see how it beats in.

My summer has been dedicated to work and home renovations, so I have not been able to give the chief a fair go as a putter yet. I have not had a lot of success with it in practice, but that has been the case with any putter, as I am rusty. I have noticed I miss high more than normal, and the chief I have is board flat with no shoulder, which has a different feel for me. I will be able to give you more accurate input when I have given it a fair shake.

Hopefully someone else who has tested them out more than I have can chime in.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410462612.409209.jpg

I ordered a pack for us to try and our league.

I'm liking the discs a lot and plan to order some. I have always wished at a big tourney that a manufacture would have a huge pile of discs to try on an open hole to see how they fly. Not many players at our league were very interested.
I plan to let guys try their discs at league next week for the round and have a deal like if you loose the disc give $3 to the ace pot.

They should include a flight chart poster so you can put it up on the kiosk at the course and advertise the "Try before you Buy" deal.

Their one page flight chart sucks as it's their own weird graph.
The individual disc description pages on the website are much better. The written flight descriptions are great.

I'm a 850 player who may never break 350 so I want discs that go within 20ft of where I want them to go 8/10 times. The discs are very user friendly.

My favorites so far are the Apache, Samurai, Demon, Karma and the Element.

The karma is a great woods disc. Just goes straight, I'm more consistent with it after one round than with my normal woods midranges like my Truth, M4 or M3.

The element is cool to they say it will hold any line you put it on and they are right.

I would highly recommend having your local club take them up on the offer.

Latest posts