• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gator Bites Frisbee Golfer In Orlando

How soon we forget the tragic story of Chubbs Peterson.

Chubbs-Peterson-photo-Happy-Gilmore.jpg

This is a good reminder. Gators can be in just about any lake in Florida. Something to keep in mind when you finally get a chance to play that Wish list course.

So the Gator gets euthanized because of human stupidity? Sounds about right. Further reinforcement that florida is the absolute worst place on earth.

What stupidity are you referring to? Trying to get your disc out of the water?

So the Gator gets euthanized because of human stupidity? Sounds about right. Further reinforcement that florida is the absolute worst place on earth.

Right?

FWC officials said the alligator was likely trying to protect its den and defends its eggs.

Trappers were working Friday morning to lure the gator from wherever it's hiding. Once caught, the alligator will be euthanized, officials said.

The best quote is

We can't allow wildlife to do that to humans

Definitely can't allow that evil gator to protect its' young.

You hippies, you'll only be happy if we leave .01% of the planet for wildlife. That .01% is where I was gonna build my house!

When they built the reservoir system in Houston the Army Corp of Engineers told the city, "Don't build houses here, eventually it will flood." They built houses there. We never learn.

"We can't allow wildlife to do that to humans"

Solid thinking there-
This gator now has the taste for human blood, and as it feeds it's offspring they will have it too. For generations and generations the blood-thirst will grow like wildfire among the gator population around the world until they rule over humans as their only food source, keeping us in cages hooked up to IV machines, forever trying to quench a desire that can never fully be filled.

These men are heroes.

stay out of water... it is a rule of florida disc golf... even if unspoken or sometimes unknown.
^ this.

As someone who grew up FL and spent a decent part of my adult life there, I can tell you: any pond, lake or canal can contain a gator.

Admittedly, the chance of getting bitten are fairly low, but the severity is such that it warrants eliminating the risk if at all possible.

Get yourself a decent disc retriever. If it's still out of reach, buy a new disc. It just ain't worth it.

Or do what I generally do. Don't throw one of your favorite discs on a water hole.

"Emergency crews rushed to the park around 7 p.m. after hearing a call on dispatch learning a man was bitten by an alligator near the soccer field."

But then they said he was bitten on the thigh. Which one was it?

Latest posts