• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

genefish's ITB

genefish

would love any feedback. Thank you in advance!!

I am a beginner (playing two years but only weekends) but have recently been very active with practice and reading / learning.

I can throw putters / mids about 225 and fairways 300. Got my first distance drivers this morning.

looking for a minimalist / easy bag with minimal overlap so I can learn different shapes and lines and progress my skill development.

I am also hoping to stick with MVP / Axiom equivalents so I can learn their plastics. They mostly feel good in my hand and I have a local store that has lots of MVP/Axiom.

Putters
Putting Putter - Anode in Electron
Throwing Putters - Entropy / Envy / Proxy (slightly overstable / little less overstable / straight)

MidRange
Overstable - Pyro, Matrix
Straight - Reactor and Hex
Understable - Uplink

Fairway Driver
Overstable - Fireball
Slightly Overstable - Tesla
Straight - Crave, Drift (overlap?)
Understable - Virus

Distance Drivers
Understable - Orbital
Straight - Trace

I think this looks pretty good. Excellent choice in plastics! I'd say maybe try a Wave if youre starting to dabble in distance drivers. Understable, but not wildly so. Good distance, and for me, pretty forgiving. Fission and plasma varieties are my favorite.

I also think this looks pretty good!

Since you're looking to reduce some overlap, you could try keeping just one or two of the Matrix/Reactor/Hex. Do you find they cover different shots for you? For me, they all fly pretty similar (depending on the plastic type, of course. Eclipse Reactors are quite overstable).

As for the fairways, I agree there is likely some overlap between the Drift and Crave, especially at that distance. (Again depending on the plastics). Do they fly much differently for you? The Drifts I've thrown been generally much closer to a "-1" fade than a "-2." They they tend to be a little flipper than Craves, but there is enough overlap for me to not bag both.