• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gerik ITB

Gmtata01

Eagle Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 4 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: 80 % RHBH, some FH/ OH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Nova: 200/250'; Roc3: 250/300'; MF TB3: 325/350', Star Destroyer 375/415

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?:Understable shots. Nova is my only consistent understable disc. Leo3 and gstar destroyer are still stable.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Trying to prepare for my first Disc golf Tournaments in September.
Immediate and long-term goals: Finalize my bag and work on understable shot and BH annys. Should I get a longer understable farther than my Valk that can go around 330'? I would like to stay with Innova since I have tried a few other brands Discmania and Lat 64 and not loved anything.

Bag:2017 KJ Kybo Pound Octo Haul

Distance Drivers:
AJ Star DS , Very OS
Mcbeth tooled star DS, Slightly OS
Gstar Destroyer, Stable
R Pro Wahoo, Water Driver

Fairway Drivers:

Champ 5X JK Valkyrie , Newer, Control shots
Champ 5X JK Valkyrie, Beat in, Understable
2017 Sexton Star Firebird, New Overstable/Utility
2017 Sexton Star Firebird, used
11X KC Pro Firebird, beat in straight with dump at the end
Glow Teebird3, Overstable tunnel shots
MF Teebird3, Straight, tunnel shots
R Pro Dragon,Water Fairway
Star Leopard 3, Straight/Understable

Mids:
MF ROC3, Very OS
Champ ROC3 x2, Slightly overstable
McGlow, x2/McProx2 ROC3, Stable/Understable, trying to beat in to understable
R Pro Hydra Water Mid

Putters:
XT NOVA Straight/Understable/Upshots, no sliding
Star Aviar 3 Overstable shot shots/long wind putts
Mcpro Aviar x2 Main Putter
DX Aviar, Water putter/ understable putter

You could try a regular old Pro Leopard instead of the Star Leopard3. Should be a bit more workable right out of the box. If you are wanting something more comparable to a Valk in speed, you could look at Roadrunners or Sidewinders.

From Innova? I had the most success with Sidewinders in the past. I haven't thrown any of the newer/faster stuff like the Tern or Shryke from Innova, so unfortunately I can't help you there. I am sure someone will chime in with their experiences.

My personal favorite US driver from any company is the Mongoose from Legacy, but it sounds like you'd prefer to stick with Innova.

After re-reading your post, I might have misunderstood what you are looking for. I thought you just wanted a disc that was good for working on anny lines, not necessarily something in the destroyer-type speed class. My bad.

Latest posts