• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Get another beast?

CK_32

Bogey Member
Simple question...

I run a 169g Beast champ died and I love it. Give it a good rip and some hyzer and it stabilizes and goes with a nice left hand fade. Im looking to get another disc order from my disc guy.

I want another beast but am not sure if I should get a lighter one to have it be over stable to play off my beast I already have...

Now I'm thinking should I go light or same weight as my current beast? If lighter to get more over stable how much lighter? Talk me in, out or around this purchase.

GO! :popcorn:

you want heavier for more overstable. my personal preference would be to keep the weight about the same and try a different mold for something overstable. different weights tend to screw with my release point a bit. ymmv.

Yeah best bet would be pair the Beast you have now with an Orc of the same weight or another mold of that stable to overstable caliber to compliment it.

you want heavier for more overstable. my personal preference would be to keep the weight about the same and try a different mold for something overstable. different weights tend to screw with my release point a bit. ymmv.

I thought lighter beasts are more over stable (S curve) in flight when lighter cause they get up to speed easier. Speed is what makes it over stable... No?

I thought lighter beasts are more over stable (S curve) in flight when lighter cause they get up to speed easier. Speed is what makes it over stable... No?

Heavier= more control, more overstable, usually less distance
Lighter= less control, less stable, usually more distance

If your beast if just getting beaten in, then I would suggest a fresh beast of the same weight.

Sent you a pm in case you are going the same weight route, have a new 169g champ beast in yellow (still has new sticker)~

Best of luck whatever you decide to do

I used a beast/orc combo for a long time. For some reason I started having issues releasing the beast consistently, and in the mean time I have found other discs that are more useful to me. The orc is still my most consistent max d disc. A 166-170 flat top pearly to be exact.

I say either get a little bit lighter or the same weight orc.

Speed of the mold, not the throw, may make it more over stable if you cannot get the disc up to its intended flight speed. Since its tougher to get a heavier disc up to speed, heavier discs will be more overstable for each individual player.

Overstable flight means it has little to know high speed turn and heavy fade. Hope this helps!

Heavier=more stable Lighter=more under/flippy, also lighter can really impact flight at high speed/power....also wind is much more of a factor.

a max weight Roadrunner is a great disc. 170-175 Beast also good choice. I dont throw anything lighter than 170. I have thrown 166-170...so i know that a 168 Valk is much flippier and zippy.

Do what you feel is best.

I use a 170 valk for most of my shots where I once threw my beast. Should have added that. I can do more with a valk.

Ok so I should look into another 170+ ish Beast then not lighter..

And yea its decently beatin in right now. When I first got it the disc was perfect. With hyzer it would cut to the left and keep the angle it left my hand. When I released it flat it would long S and come back. Now if I give it hyzer it flattens out and when I lay it flat it over cuts to the right. Too long of an S. usually just turns over and keeps going than S back.

I'm just trying to match my buddies 174g Destroyer. Love the way he throws that thing. I've tried and thrown it but the rim/lip is way too fat for my liking.

Ok so I should look into another 170+ ish Beast then not lighter..

And yea its decently beatin in right now. When I first got it the disc was perfect. With hyzer it would cut to the left and keep the angle it left my hand. When I released it flat it would long S and come back. Now if I give it hyzer it flattens out and when I lay it flat it over cuts to the right. Too long of an S. usually just turns over and keeps going than S back.

I'm just trying to match my buddies 174g Destroyer. Love the way he throws that thing. I've tried and thrown it but the rim/lip is way too fat for my liking.

A fresh Beast should compliment your beaten in one well.

if u want to match the destroyer flight but don't like the rim size I would suggest trying out a wraith

Wraiths are great for sure.

However, I would say that if you like the beast get more beasts. If you liked the way it flew when it was new even more reason to get some more. I don't see anywhere that you mention how far you throw, but I think the beast is an awesome distance driver for anyone maxing out at 330-360.

I have 3 beasts in my bag. I intended to slim down to 2 but not...just...yet. :)

DX 175 - Seriously beat - favorite forehand disc, still get great controlled distance RHBH, now my hazard disc. Sank it in a pond...three weeks later someone called me after fishing it out. I have another DX on standby.

Champ 166 - mostly good condition- Long hyzers, mid hyzer bombs. Recently developed a small crack under the rim. I love this disc.

Pro 167 - fairly new - bought to replace the cracked champ (which I still prefer). Slowly breaking it in. I think I prefer the feel of DX and Champ over Pro.

I had a Blizzard 138 for kicks. Last weekend it hit a tree and disappeared in some muck...gone forever. lol