• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ghost Stamp vs. Removed Stamp?????

kw83028

* Ace Member *
How can I tell the difference between a ghost stamp and a removed stamp? In general, and specifically on this 2nd 1st Run Buzzz?

DSC03303.jpg

i would say ghost but to be honest dude i cant really give ya a good answer on how to tell..i would like to know myself i have a couple CryZtal Buzzz that im pretty sure are just ghost stamp but not 100%

I asked this once and gathered that you can't tell the difference if the stamp is removed well, but ghost stamped is qualitatively better... therefore call every stampless disc a ghost stamp

its junk, wiped stamp. you should sell it to me cheap. :)

more times then not it was a stamp that was whiped off.

I don't know much about the early buzzzes, but I've removed a lot of stamps through dyeing discs. Most times when stamps are removed, there's a scuffing pattern left from when it was removed and if you look at it in the right light you can see where the stamp was rubbed off. Not a sure fire way to tell on this, but it should give you a hint one way or the other.

I has been my experience that a true ghost stamp has clean crisp lines. Stamps that have been wiped are not crisp and clear. Their lines have a smudged look to them .

Cheers - Koffee

im pretty sure that was mine. if your the one selling them on ebay thay are both the real deal. i still have the cert. that yellow first was mine too.

typically but not always you can tell by the little bee. either the stamp wont come out of the grooves 100% (usually) or if it does you can see some scuffing because its so hard to get it off on the bee

edit: yep, that looks like my baby with those little bubbles in the rim

I've wiped the stamp on my green 2nd FR thrower after it started to fade a lot, and on the green 2nd FR's the acetone leaves a sort of smudging on the flight plate after you rub the stamp off, If the discs looks new still, it def hasn't been wiped, and like KFrad said, it's really hard to get all the stamp off the grooves on the little bee.

Yea I'm being told I can no longer have a collection of cool stuff while I'm unemployed so unfortunately I have to off everything that I bought. Thanks for the confirmation KFrad

If you guys watch them, you might be able to score a pretty decent deal. I've had some go pretty cheap, and some go pretty expensive too lol

Yea I'm being told I can no longer have a collection of cool stuff while I'm unemployed so unfortunately I have to off everything that I bought. Thanks for the confirmation KFrad

If you guys watch them, you might be able to score a pretty decent deal. I've had some go pretty cheap, and some go pretty expensive too lol

im watching ;)

I has been my experience that a true ghost stamp has clean crisp lines. Stamps that have been wiped are not crisp and clear. Their lines have a smudged look to them .

Cheers - Koffee
I concur with this. The ghost stamps go through the hot stamp machine without the foil so it results in crisper lines.

The foil creates rounder "craters" for lack of a better term.

I get my acetone from a friend that works at a lab and it's the real deal 99.999% pure (and 400 bucks a gallon). He just gives it to me though because they buy it in huge quantity. It will wipe stamps with no smudging or scratches at all. And a tip for you guys wanting to get that bee really clean try using a wooden toothpick to get everything.

just to let you know . My work buys pure acetone in bulk and its only like 1.16 per pound or like 7 bucks a gallon. dont get ripped from your buddy.

just to let you know . My work buys pure acetone in bulk and its only like 1.16 per pound or like 7 bucks a gallon. dont get ripped from your buddy.

lol. Nah I don't pay a dime for it, he just gives me a gallon when I need it. Just to be clear though he works at a place that tests oil for people like BP and he says they have to use this crazy expensive lab grade purest of the pure shiz. All I know is it works WAY better than anything I can get retail and it's free.:thmbup:

Latest posts