• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Giles Run and courses to play driving from DC to Rochester

Jank

I'm in town for the week and I played Seneca Creek Park in MD today which was fun. Anyone play Giles Run course in Fairfax VA? I've heard it's a great course. I'm a bit afraid of Giles run because I hear there's tons of ticks and I recently saw a documentary on Lyme disease (called "under our skin") that freaked me out a bit. Does anyone on this forum play it? I might be able to get in a round after work this week around 530pm if you are around.

Anyways I'm looking for other recommendations of courses to play along route 15 back up to NY when I drive back next weekend.

Here are some contenders based on course reviews of 3+ stars on the discgolfcoursereview website:
Whispering Falls DGC in Greencastle, PA
Coyote Hills DGC Carlisle, PA 17013
Creekside DGC Camp Hill, PA 17011
Pinchot State Park - Quaker's Challenge Lewisberry, PA 17339
Pinchot State Park - Boulder Woods Lewisberry, PA 17339
Lime Bluff Recreation Area Hughesville, PA 17737
Denison Park Corning, NY 14830
Twin Creeks DGC Addison, NY 14801

haha, i was at seneca yesterday. you may have seen me, i had the white cattle dog. seneca and giles are the best in the washington metro area. the ticks are just starting to come out and regulars haven't abandoned giles yet for the summer, so may want to hit it up while you're down here.

i've played whispering falls and the two courses at pinchot state park but not the others you list. quakers challenge is the best out of the two at pinchot but is a little difficult to find your way around, but all three are great courses. i've also heard good things about coyote hilles.

Giles is a great course, thorns bother me more than the ticks, but don't let that keep you away.
I'm partial to Whispering Falls- and right now before everything gets heavily grown is a great time to play.
Coyote Hills is a fun course as well, easy to find your way around and good variety of shots.
If you play Quakers/Boulder then you might as well play both while you're there. Boulder is an old school pitch and putt style with a few holes that have been lengthened in recent years. A quick round here is a good warm up/cool down for Quaker's Challenge. The Quake is a monster of a course, lots of elevation, lots of rough, lots of trouble to get into. Great course, very demanding of your skills.
Creekside is a shorter course that plays between a disc eating creek and some backyards. The back nine is longer than the front and provides some nice challenging shots. The front nine is mostly open shots with some mature trees and the ever present creek.