• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ginshun's form critique

ginshun

Par Member
here you go guys. Below is the link to a video showcasing my form (or lack thereof, LOL!)
Just watching myself, I would say that I need to get my shoulders turned back more on my reach back, but other than that, who knows.
You guys are the experts, let me have it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkQye3vDLHc

Sorry for posting this twice. I didn't realize there was a specific forum for these vids until after I couldn't edit the other one. Mods, please feel free to merge the other thread into this one so that it is in the correct place.

Thanks.

I'm no expert but a few things I noticed were:

-You look down at the disc as soon as you start your throw. I've heard that keeping your target in your sight as long as possible improves accuracy. I applied this to my throw a couple months ago and while it was difficult to get used to, I saw improvement in my accuracy. I also noticed I developed more of a feel for the correct angle of the disc since I wasn't depending on my sight to keep it level.

-Obviously most people's techniques (such as both of ours) prohibit looking at the basket the entire throw so why not try pulling back a little farther. If done smoothly it should add a nice bit of distance when needed.

-It seems like your last step is a pretty short making it look like you're about to fall forward after your throw. A more experienced player will have to add more detail about the importance of weight distribution on that last step.

-Too high. While you aren't doing what new players do and start from their knee and follow through up it does look like you're putting too much nose up on it. Nose up can be useful in many situations but must be controlled since it drastically affects the flight pattern (as does nose down).

A few compliments:

-Smooth pull. Nice.

-Looks like the disc is usually being released with almost ideal angle (anhyzer/hyzer, not nose up or down, just to avoid confusion).

-Nice slacks. Disc golf is serious business, might as well look the part. (kidding of course)

Take it or leave it. If anyone has more to add or just straight up disagrees with everything I've said feel free to correct me.

Latest posts