• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow course?

sidewinder22

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
So after being arrested tonite for playing glow at calvert, are there any parks where it is legal? Also I didn't see any signs that say the park is closed after dark, so I just received a warning citation. Is glow kind of like street racing? Everybody runs when the cops show up and park your car down the street.

I'm not sure what its like where you are, but here in Austin most of the parks have a 10:00 curfew. Check with the city where ever you are and find out the posted times.

I know here in Salem, Oregon - Cascade Gateway Park has signs saying the park closes at midnight. I've seen glow Disc Golf advert's for there but I've never gone. Sunset right now is 4:30 PM so we really don't have to be out late.

sidewinder22,

I know they play glow at Middletown Park and Woodsboro, near Frederick, maybe a little bit of a drive for you. I think those parks close at 10 pm, but I don't know if they play during the winter months. You should check out the forums at md-discgolf.com, and more specifically the glow post at Middletown. I hope this helps.

sidewinder22, are you Jeremy?

Hornet's Nest

The Charlotte, NC club offers glo once a month at Hornet's Nest. They hang a glo stick in each basket. Meet at 6 at the picnic shelter at 7 tee I think, and start play at 6:30. This month they play on the 18th. 2 CTPs, pros cash, ams merch bucks.

Our club is in good standing with Park & Rec and we make a quick call to the cops to let them know if we plan to be playing at night. Never any beef. Have played to 2 am in the past. Sorry to hear you were arrested. Nite golfers could help keep the vandalism down some if that is the problem. Folks tend to not tear up stuff with folks around. Just an idea, maybe run down the park and rec guy and make friends and talk to some local cops. We don't have the rep here some DG'ers do so that could be the problem.

Most parks in this area of VA, southeast, tend to close at dusk. There are some special glow events set up a time or two. I know Ace Run Ranch, Private, here has some glow rounds, as well as the Grange's Tiki Course.

We have it at a local course in a county park here. We obtain a special use permit once a month and go out and play. Since the course is out in the sticks a bit, they actually have a cop who lives on the grounds.We inform him. I don't even think he even checks to see if we have a permit anymore. But it is good to have if he is on night shift in another area.If we get a Barney Fife in a star car that drives by and is suspicious, we have the proper paperwork to be there, no trips to the Graybar Hotel.

I have seen lights and solar panels for the course in Thailand. I am going there in Feb. so hopefully it will be going on. I love the idea of glow but rarely is it available on courses unless they are farily open with little elevation.

sidewinder22,

I know they play glow at Middletown Park and Woodsboro, near Frederick, maybe a little bit of a drive for you. I think those parks close at 10 pm, but I don't know if they play during the winter months. You should check out the forums at md-discgolf.com, and more specifically the glow post at Middletown. I hope this helps.

sidewinder22, are you Jeremy?

Not Jeremy. Thats nice to know because I will be in Fredneck for christmas and was hoping to get a round in there. I think Druid has Thursday nite glow, so I'm hoping to find more info on that. It would be nice to have a group of people cause its in a bad part of town. Ever seen the Wire? I used to live not too far from there and was mugged walking home with my lunch and roommate. I also got jumped by five gangbangers last summer in the inner harbor which is the nice part of town. That was another fun nite.

Not Jeremy. Thats nice to know because I will be in Fredneck for christmas and was hoping to get a round in there. I think Druid has Thursday nite glow, so I'm hoping to find more info on that. It would be nice to have a group of people cause its in a bad part of town. Ever seen the Wire? I used to live not too far from there and was mugged walking home with my lunch and roommate. I also got jumped by five gangbangers last summer in the inner harbor which is the nice part of town. That was another fun nite.

time for a CCW permit methinks.......

but anyway, woodland park out in collinsville illinois has a glow night or two every year.

that course is fun enough in the daytime; i'd love to play it at night

Now that sucks! I've never played Druid cuz I've heard it is not in the greatest of neighborhoods. The inner harbor is nice, I'm surprised that happened :(. I know they play TNT (Thursday Night Triples) at Druid, but I think that's only during the long day light time of the year. IMO, playing glow there would be insane. Good luck and be safe.