• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going to Disney World

dpangburn

I am Going to Disney World the beginning of the year, anyone know of any close courses to check out?

Use this wonderful website to browse some courses.

T2; the Turkeynator
is rated 4.11(which is really good by Florida standards) There are other courses in the area. If you click the link for the course above, you will notice the map on the left side showing other courses nearby. Then just start clicking on links and find your way around. This site will direct you to most any course in the world, or let you know where the closest course is to your location. There is so much more here than you can even fathom

Turkey Lake was a wonderful respite on our Disney trip.

Not to review it again, but it's advantages are 2 18-hole courses at one location, each with 2 9-hole loops back to the parking lot, so you can mix-&-match as you wish. The newer course is a bit tougher than the older one, so which you play depends on your skill level and how much challenge you want.

More importantly---it's a beatiful gated park, so VERY peaceful and uncrowded. On a Disney/Orlando vacation, you simply can't get enough peace & quiet.

Caution---they lock the gates early, so you may not be able to play late in the afternoon.

Depending on how much time you get to play, Turkey lake is the closest and has two course, the barnett park is the next which also has two courses. I wouldn't worry to much about the others in the area unless you are looking to rack up some courses played.

The day I got to play in Orlando I woke up early and got to Turkey Lake before it opened at 9am. So I decided to play the Barnett courses which were only about 5 minutes away.
As mentioned before the gates at Turkey lake automatically lock at 5 til five and without park staff or hitting up the campgrounds you're not getting out. I got there at 3:30 with a friend, had to rush through playing the the T2 course and still got locked in. Its a longer course and you will want to take your time playing it. If I could do it over I would have waited until 9 played both of these courses and then hit up Barnett.
Only downside to playing Barnett in the afternoon is the amount of traffic in the park and much of the park land is shared. Playing the North course steers clear of much of the other park activities.

im going to disney in march, i'm watching this thread closely

Going down there in 2 weeks. We're not renting a car, so is it within walking distance from the resorts? Is there a bus or anything?

If you mean the Disney Resorts, NOTHING is in walking distance of them.

But, no, neither Turkey Lake nor Barnett Park are within walking distance of anywhere you're likely to be.

Take some minis or putters and create the most magical mini course on earth!!!

Going down there in 2 weeks. We're not renting a car, so is it within walking distance from the resorts? Is there a bus or anything?

I believe there are bus stops near both of the parks but I have no idea where they run to. The Disney Parks are at least 5-10 miles. Universal Studios the closest but definately not a short walk. You could always take the free shuttles to Universal then hop a cab for a few bucks.

i leave for disney on saturday. looks like i can fit 3 courses during my time down that way.

Have fun. There is a white dx Teebird in the bulrushes on Hole 16 of the Turkeynator. You're more than welcome to it.

thanks and what are bulrushes?

thanks and what are bulrushes?

d789f631.jpg

In the picture they are only on the left hand side. If I remember correctly they now take up most of the water that you see in the bay area.

d789f631.jpg

In the picture they are only on the left hand side. If I remember correctly they now take up most of the water that you see in the bay area.

Yep they take up the whole pic now. I got a blue z surge ss with a devil face dye on it that was lost in there. Will pay to get it back... Definitely a must play though. The reviews say it all.