• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Good Latitude 64 driver?

BackHandJosh

I had recently purchased a River from Latitude 64, gold line, and really loving it. I'm trying to find a long range driver for myself but I'm not sure what to go with. I'm not a beginner, but definitely not a pro lol. Any suggestions?

Also, I've recently been experimenting with overhand throws and have been using a champ valk and have been loving the flight I've been getting with. Are they any recommendations for Latitude 64 for overhand shots?

Thanks all

Saint is a good choice. It may start a little more stable than a Valk but a GL should break in before too long. Also might try a Vision but I know they tweaked the mold to make it more stable, haven't thrown one since they did that.
Also if it doesn't absolutely have to be Latitude you might try a DD Escape

I'd recommend a GL Flow. Like you, I love me some Rivers. The flow is great, similar to a River in flight.

I also have an Opto Riot that I like for the wind. It stays nice and low and is not affected by head or side wind.

Having said all that, my two longest discs are an Opto Jade (158) and a Lucid Air Renegade (157). These are light, but they really have that Latitude way of floating forever.

Saint and River compliment each other quite nicely. Saint is a bit longer and more stable.

How far are you throwing the River?

Agreed with above that Saint is a bit more stable and a bit longer, after being worked in. By a bit longer, for me it's about 20-30' longer on good throws, so not a huge difference. I find the stability difference more important than the distance difference between these two discs, with the Saint needing more power.

Saint and flow. 9 and 11 speed drivers to complement your river. If I went all Lat that would be my set up.

Fury,Fury.Fury. The first run opto's are a tad less stable than the regular opto's. I've got 2 of each now and the first runs are exactly the same in stability. the -2 rating is dead on i believe. I have been wanting to try either a vision or flow also. I threw 3 different bolt's and despite the rating they were a tad too stable for me, but im no pro. 330-350' on good pulls.

I liked the riot. reminded me of the discraft flash, which is similar to the old mold beast.

for over hand shots try the xxx.

I like the Saint recommendation, but for OH try a xXx and a Stiletto! They are both great and flip over very OS.

Not knowing your distance I can't say for sure, but for me the Saint was too similar to the River. The Flow is one of my favorite distance drivers ever made. If you have the arm for a 13 speed, the Halo is a lot like a faster Flow.

I love the Fury. Great hyzer flip disc or turnover disc. I use mine on most dogleg right holes. Today I threw it on the warehouse roof at work. Grrrrrr.

Hope maintenance goes up there soon. I've got a Wraith up there too. I really need to learn to keep the nose down.

This just means I need to buy a backup Fury.

I use to have a G Saint along with my G River but my brother lost my Saint :(. The Saint would come out when I needed just that tad bit more off the Tee. Great complimenting discs

Im going to echo everyone and say the Flow is a really great driver, if your willing to go slighty out of Latitude I have been blown away by my DD Lucid Trespass.

GL Saint is one of my most used discs.

I was using GL Flows, but I just phased them out and replaced them with a Tern instead.

But I'm also experimenting with putting an Opto River in place of a Leopard.