• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good video, but how the hell????

Lol I've mentioned differences in wrist flexibility being huge before and this is a good example. If you have to pour the coffee to your maximum extent, it feels fkn horrendous.

I agree he seems to be pretty dang flexible in that regard, but I am only slightly less so. The middle ground of my range of motion doesn't bind me up and that is probably why I like the pour method, and not any kind of active supination.

This is why I hammered hard in my video talking about grip to wrist flexation being so important, vs turning keys and all sorts of other silliness.

If were gripping the disc in a way that doesn't let us maintain flexibility and keep the disc on plane of play, then ... no amount of pushing your wrist forward will fix it, especially for someone like me who has less forward deflection in my wrist.

I am definitely going to need one of our resident disc physicists to weigh in on his take on gyroscopic precession being in effect while the disc is still in your hand though...

Not arguing, but that seems highly unintuitive to me.

I'd have him come over and I'd just shoot high speed with him while he practiced the concept.
But I don't think he lives anywhere near me.

I can explain the concepts. They are really basic concepts that people shouldn't argue over. Where it gets complicated is that were taking 3 or 4 concepts and throwing them together. So then people muddy the waters of the discussion with made up crap.

Like the people who argue that "more spin means more turn over" which goes against everything gyroscopes tell us.
And this concepts kind of falls in that category. I'm not saying it is wrong. I just got questions.

The way I'm reading the concept of all of this is to put off axis torque into the disc, so the precession of correction is directed into popping the discs nose down. Because a gyroscope wants to stabilize itself.

I know from my high speed filming you can pop the nose up from a flat release. Which made 0 sense to me. The disc is coming out of my hand flat, and then suddenly the nose is 5 or 6 degree's up.

We got fancy tools to measure things.
But it's hard to beat high speed video for this concepts, because we can actually break it down when were shooting 3000+ fps. we can see the visual things that could be causing the faults.

This video might help a bit.