• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

good website for terminology?

Docxen

Par Member
Anyone know a good website for disc golf terminology? I'm still having trouble with some of it. I was trying to find out what exactly a disc standing up means and can't seem to find the term. Thanks

Anyone know a good website for disc golf terminology? I'm still having trouble with some of it. I was trying to find out what exactly a disc standing up means and can't seem to find the term. Thanks

I reckon that means that it moves from hyzer to flat, or that a roller moves to vertical.

The problem with some terms is that they mean different things to different people.

I reckon that means that it moves from hyzer to flat, or that a roller moves to vertical.

The problem with some terms is that they mean different things to different people.

thanks yea i hear it a lot in pdga videos but wasn't 100 percent sure of the meaning.

Here are few hundred posts on dg slang.
When I read "disc standing up", I thought you meant, Stick one in the mud/ground? Call it a 'Tombstone'
:)
and i searched that thread and the forum for "stand up" "standing up" got nothing or so much to search through it was impossible

I've always taken "stand up" meaning moving from askew to vertical (roller) or horizontal (hyzer-flip). Also when a missed putt "stands up" and rolls away.

Someone should start an "urban dictionary" for disc golf. Of course that would mean about 100 entries for "stable."

Last edited:
Disc golfers refuse to agree on a consensus for disc golf terms. Especially a scooby. That means like 8 different things, lol.*

I agree that "standing up" is probably similar with a "flip up hyzer." Especially when you want the disc to stay hyzer and it just flips to flat and goes too straight. Sometimes a disc will climb on you if it flips flat, thus it "stands up" on you (often aided by headwind). Could be said with the roller too, like Armus said.

*I'm in the camp where scooby just means you just throw a disc upside down and skip it intentionally

That ain't got no meanin for "stand up" neither.

yea i know was frustrating i went to like 3 or 4 terminology sites and searched for it on forums (either nothing or so many posts i couldn't visit all of them)

Disc golfers refuse to agree on a consensus for disc golf terms. Especially a scooby. That means like 8 different things, lol.*

I agree that "standing up" is probably similar with a "flip up hyzer." Especially when you want the disc to stay hyzer and it just flips to flat and goes too straight. Sometimes a disc will climb on you if it flips flat, thus it "stands up" on you (often aided by headwind). Could be said with the roller too, like Armus said.

*I'm in the camp where scooby just means you just throw a disc upside down and skip it intentionally

do you mean scooby or scoober

Standing up could also refer to a disc hitting the ground then catching an edge and rolling. Like if a hyzer putt comes in low, hits basket, then the ground and "stands up" and starts rolling.

Latest posts