• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

gottagogottathrow customer service

I am sure that they will do something for you but not sure I would be upset if they didnt. You bought the item for the one price, knowing it cost that much, so who cares that it went down later. Value is what it is worth to the consumer and I am assuming it was worth $10 more to you than other people that you wanted to buy it then.

That being said, I love gottago and have had calls from them when they get my order ready if there was any questions and they have always been real great. So nice and helpful that I feel guilty that the majority of my orders go to DGC. Knowing that I am sure they will work something out.

The point is that he has a legitimate complaint about his $10.

I don't know how legitimate it is. He had already received the order when it went on sale. My wife used to be a manager in retail and the first thing she learned is that the customer is not always right. Like Scarpfish said, he jumped early and lost out on the deal.

If the price had jumped, say $20, he would have been saying, "Hey look at the deal I just got. I paid $20 for it and now it's $40. I got it just in time." If you're not willing to give the money to the company after the fact when they raise the prices, don't expect it back when they lower them after the fact.

Of course, with all that being said, it doesn't hurt to try to get that refund, just don't get on and complain if they say sorry , but no.

I don't know how legitimate it is. He had already received the order when it went on sale. My wife used to be a manager in retail and the first thing she learned is that the customer is not always right. Like Scarpfish said, he jumped early and lost out on the deal.

If the price had jumped, say $20, he would have been saying, "Hey look at the deal I just got. I paid $20 for it and now it's $40. I got it just in time." If you're not willing to give the money to the company after the fact when they raise the prices, don't expect it back when they lower them after the fact.

Of course, with all that being said, it doesn't hurt to try to get that refund, just don't get on and complain if they say sorry , but no.

I agree, the OP does not have a legitimate complaint. Expecting a company to refund money because a sale started after you purchased an item is unreasonable. Like others have said, if the price would have gone up after your purchase there's no way you would pay the extra money to them, in fact, I bet you would think anyone suggesting you do pay the extra money after your original purchase was made would be unreasonable....or just plain nuts. :D

How do you guys feel about buying 2 discs from an ebay seller...shipping is 5 bucks on one disc, and five on the other. I clicked on both of them and the total at the end read 10 dollars for shipping.

Maybe that will get fixed...But it's 4.95 to ship the 2. I understand business but retailing the shipping cost also gets annoying.
Was this one of those eBay robosellers who puts their auctions on automatic pilot and links them up to Paypal? I only buy stuff from those people when I need just the one item and the shipping charge is fair. $5 to ship just one disc to me is not fair. For two discs, its fair, but still unacceptable. To me, the only disc items on eBay really worth the time are the lots which have five or more.

Probably one thing you can do is e-mail the seller and ask if he can combine shipping. Most will do so.

I see today (11/25) that the pair of Bite Distance disc golf shoes are $10 cheaper than what I bought them for 3 days ago.

There it is right there. You purchased them three days ago. That's it!
Mabey you just should have waited.:\

There it is right there. You purchased them three days ago. That's it!
Mabey you just should have waited.:\

Yes, there is also something to be said about jumping early when Black Friday is just a couple days away. :doh:

GGGT Emailed me AND Called me to make sure a specific color of disc was cool with me, then they asked me if I'd like to change plastic, or color on one of my discs, and I changed plastic, and they gave me a dollar back...

And the mini was even cooler than the last one I got from them!

\/\/

I agree, the OP does not have a legitimate complaint. Expecting a company to refund money because a sale started after you purchased an item is unreasonable. Like others have said, if the price would have gone up after your purchase there's no way you would pay the extra money to them, in fact, I bet you would think anyone suggesting you do pay the extra money after your original purchase was made would be unreasonable....or just plain nuts. :D

Although the legitimacy of the complaint may not be clear, there is precedent for this type of refund. I just bought a DVD player at target and saw it $20 cheaper the next day, and I went to customer service and they refunded the $20 with no questions asked. When I stared telling people how impressed I was, most everyone told me this is a pretty common thing. So I believe the precedent is there for the refund, especially if it means keeping a customer that will provide vastly more profit than $10 in the future.

Although the legitimacy of the complaint may not be clear, there is precedent for this type of refund. I just bought a DVD player at target and saw it $20 cheaper the next day, and I went to customer service and they refunded the $20 with no questions asked. When I stared telling people how impressed I was, most everyone told me this is a pretty common thing. So I believe the precedent is there for the refund, especially if it means keeping a customer that will provide vastly more profit than $10 in the future.

Usually at most places there is a 7 or 14 day policy that states that you can get a price adjustment if an item goes on sale. Some places you just need to bring a receipt in and others you have to bring that in and find the new item.

Usually at most places there is a 7 or 14 day policy that states that you can get a price adjustment if an item goes on sale. Some places you just need to bring a receipt in and others you have to bring that in and find the new item.

Actually it is a state law that you can return things within that period with no questiosn asked and full cash refund, there is nothing the stores can do about it. This is why they usually will honor a discount because if they don't:

1) you return item which is now open box and will have to sell under the sale price
2) they have to initiate a credit document and we all know how fun accounting is
3) you will then walk to the items shelf, pick up a new one, purchase it and walk away with the cash in pocket

It is cheaper and easier for stores to just give you the discount.

**not sure if the legal return policy is active with mailorder...probably not since there are so many variables**

I do know this happens but that would be part of the stores policy, that doesn't mean EVERY store or business is required to follow that practice. I do know Best Buy and Circuit City, before it went under, had the policy.

I'm sorry but that has nothing to do with anything. The guys wants a ten dollar credit. Do we need to invoke our soldiers overseas?

It's like something out of the Big Lebowski.."my brothers didn't die face down in the mud...

Duhhhhh.... Don't you realize that 'dey took our jeeeooobbbssss!!!'

I would agree with everyone and simply state that in a free market - competition is everything and the single most discerning characteristic has to be, nay, MUST be customer service. It is on principle alone that his complaint is valid... Not to mention all the things $10 could buy in this economy, and for that matter, what $10 could mean to ANYONE overseas.

Good Rant tho friend and I would also agree with Bill, women always have the upper hand.

This is why they usually will honor a discount because if they don't:

1) you return item which is now open box and will have to sell under the sale price
2) they have to initiate a credit document and we all know how fun accounting is
3) you will then walk to the items shelf, pick up a new one, purchase it and walk away with the cash in pocket

It is cheaper and easier for stores to just give you the discount.

**not sure if the legal return policy is active with mailorder...probably not since there are so many variables**

That is the exact logic I was thinking when trying to get my discount, I was just too lazy to write it.

**UPDATE**
I just received an email from Char. She apologized for the delay in responding. They did issue a $10 credit towards my next order. Considering my initial phone call to them was 30 min. before the start of a 4-day weekend, I am overall happy with the level of customer service. I will not hesitate to order from GGGT again. In fact, I may place another order tonight!

Glad it ended well. Good for them too, this is a large DG community to piss off which would be bad for business. I will tell others I have heard good things about GGGT now.

**UPDATE**
I just received an email from Char. She apologized for the delay in responding. They did issue a $10 credit towards my next order. Considering my initial phone call to them was 30 min. before the start of a 4-day weekend, I am overall happy with the level of customer service. I will not hesitate to order from GGGT again. In fact, I may place another order tonight!

Thats good news. I knew they would do something for you; they run a good shop.

Latest posts