• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

grabbin the chains

phoenixdark

i have a situation with my putting. i throw a soft magnet and a soft focus and they dont seem to want to stay in the basket half the time they bounce out or just blow threw the chains. i realy dont want to replace them because they feel great in my hand and are great flying discs is there anything i can do to solve this problem?

Try the same mold in a little stiffer plastic. My old DX Aviars aren't super stiff, but for some reason stay in the basket better than any soft putter I've tried.

...or putt softer and flatter.

i have a situation with my putting. i throw a soft magnet and a soft focus and they dont seem to want to stay in the basket half the time they bounce out or just blow threw the chains. i realy dont want to replace them because they feel great in my hand and are great flying discs is there anything i can do to solve this problem?

Really bro? Stop side arming them!:D

Seriously.......I used to have a lot of spits and although you will always have some, you probably need to make an adjustment.

I putt with really stiff magnets with a good bit of hyzer on impact and don't have anywhere near 50% spit.

One thing to remember.....soft putters grab better on the right side but stiff putters stick better on the left when all else is constant. Also I used to putt with "Clovered" SS Wizards in 04-06' before switching to harder Wizards after too many bouncing off the pole.It seems like the soft should do this less but, in fact, the recoil from the disc bending actually increases the odds of bouncing out while the hard putter will deflect upwards or downwards on impact (unless squared nearly perfect with the pole).

Also, put less spin on your putt, especially if you're missing left (assuming RHBH). The disc's clockwise rotation will encourage the disc to spin out if you're missing left, whereas a hyzer put that smacks on the right side of the post will pull the disc in.

hahaha my friend linked me one of his videos thinking it was serious... I had to get him to unlearn his sidearm x_x

Latest posts