• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Graffiti at courses

Reggie Miller wouldn't sign the tee sign if he got an ace. He would push off of it though to get an open drive off the tee.

he would kick his leg out on the follow through, making contact with the signage and drawing a foul as well.

Sorry, don't know what thread this conversation was in..but wondered, if there is continued vandalism...missing and knocked down tee signs, should I keep replacing them?

I finally figured out the culprit, people playing soccer in the fields and those playing basketball in the nearby courts are not responsible. We did not have problems with signs disappearing and/or knocked down and smashed until Baseball/Softball/T-ball season began.

Seems our park is a "drop zone" for baby sitting. Those kids, mostly adolescent, have nothing to do for several hours before they're picked up and I've noticed our vandalism is occuring on the perimeter of the course; all within the last month. If it was a disgruntled disc golfer, I think it would happen on remote holes as well.

Am I doing the right thing by continuing to replace signs? (I'm the secretary of our club and I designed and created all the signage on the course). I just don't want to continue to beat my head against the wall. :doh:

DUB-C DUB...lame

....you know what I'm talking about if you've seen it in DFW.

The problem is that it's not limited to aces or monster birds. Not one to write on anything at the courses here.

If you hit an ace, sign the disc and have all your buds do the same.

Buddy has a can of grey primer that we spray on the new t-box signs that they have up at Z-boaz to cover all, if not most, of the grafitti we can.
Z-Boaz

Sure am glad they painted the big "Z" on hole 15 black instead of yellow (yellow was cool though), because people were writing all over that hard-worked-on and cool Z.

Seems our park is a "drop zone" for baby sitting. Those kids, mostly adolescent, have nothing to do for several hours before they're picked up and I've noticed our vandalism is occuring on the perimeter of the course; all within the last month. If it was a disgruntled disc golfer, I think it would happen on remote holes as well.

Do you have park police...strangely we do, I would drop the hint that it is happening and if they pfft you then show them the bill of how much these signs are costing...maybe it will be enough to be considered a crime.

Worse case is it slows down because of the presence best case is they bust one of the little punks.

Unfortunately, no park police or momma police, but thanks for all of your in put. I think I may give the head's up to our Parks & Rec director, maybe he can mention it to coaches and they could pass the word out to their players.

I don't know, there's probably not going to be an easy solution for this, but showing our director the bill for these that the club is now footing (I originally donated the first 18) for replacements maybe he will sympathize with us.

We have a lot of mini's coming up, doubles starting tomorrow night, monthly next weekend, and I have 4 complete signs to replace (new mounting board, primed and sealed, new sign itself, and new sheet of plexiglass for cover) before the masses show up.

Thanks Bill. We have a great board at our club as well! I guess I really do my best work under pressure, I'm set to mount signs at the course in the morning. I just want to have a smooth Doubles Summer Point Series kick off tomorrow night. :thmbup:

art.jpg

Flip City Aces

The only Ace graffiti at F.C. Tpads I have seen are small rocks next to the pad, out of the way.They disappear after a season or so.The shelters are a differant story,Which is accepted and interesting to read.Can't wait to sign a rock:)