• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Great 1st holes

Olorin

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
What is your Favorite hole 1 in disc golf? Why?

Do you like scenery & beauty, challenge or a good way to ease into the course, or a combination of these...?

Hawk Hollow #1, elevated above the treetops, seemed like I could see about three miles across the valley, creek and woods behind the basket not seen from the tee. Behind the tee a farm setting with home and barns. Could also see a small portion of the course below. Just a wow moment for myself. It's been two years, next week I have four free mornings, but I need to be home by 1, trying to decide if I can play the course, and be back by 1.

Hawk Hollow #1, elevated above the treetops, seemed like I could see about three miles across the valley, creek and woods behind the basket not seen from the tee. Behind the tee a farm setting with home and barns. Could also see a small portion of the course below. Just a wow moment for myself. It's been two years, next week I have four free mornings, but I need to be home by 1, trying to decide if I can play the course, and be back by 1.
I know nothing at all about your situation, day, responsibilities, drive time, etc.... but I'll chime in by saying of course you can.

Scenery/beauty is always good. I personally prefer an easier first hole to allow me to warm up better and (hopefully) get off to a good start before seeing more challenging holes later on in the course.

Hole one at Water Works in KC is nice. A view over the park and out into the distance from the tee. A long, "air it out" drive over rolling hills with key trees to miss, then a tricky approach onto a slope out in the open. A fun way to get the round started.

Latest posts