• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Great Sayings on the Course

Donovan

Longview Disc Golf Association (TX)
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Since we have the DISS session thread started, we might as well have the opposite thread going too.

Let's hear some of you fun or catchy phrases you or your group use on the course. BTW, I could care less how clean it is.

To get it started, here is some we use:

Parked shot - Somebody get that guy a valet slip.
Good shot - Nice Toss, Salad.
Encouraging someone to hit a long putt - Bang that b!tch home. or just Bang it home.
Great tunnel shot just made - Way to thread that needle Betsy Ross.
The craziest route you ever saw - That route is so local, that even the locals don't know about it.
When a drive has gone bad right away we sometimes yell - "GET A ROLLER!"

Sometimes we will do the NBA thing where you say a players name when doing the move( m Jordan tounge out) but with dg pros. So comet-Scott papa, hawk/avenger-Nate, buzzz- Cale, bratton-pred. I'll use it like;" did Nate doss just sneak on our tee pad?".

My buddies and I usually throw around sayings like "clutch," "on point," and even the bolf classic, "GET IN THE F-ING HOLE!!!" (emphasis added)

In response to an extremely short throw- "Hit the gym!"
In response to an impressively long putt- "Mike Gainer"

"F*ck". Probably the most used word on the course, lol.

NIIIIIICCCCEEEEEE.... *insert disc suddenly smacking into tree* "you b**tard you effin niced me!"

"Hello?"

"Yes, I'm almost done."

"No, we've got like 3 holes to go."

"Ok, ok, OK!"

"Bye."

*hangs up the phone* "Damn, she knows I'm playing golf. I'm gonna quit bring this damn phone with me."

When I started playing there was a guy named Dennis who would walk up to an easy putt and call it an "even I putt". Since he was the one who originally said it I started calling them an "even Dennis putt". Within a year most people picked up on that saying and Dennis stopped saying it. lol

Another one was "civilian". A civilian on a DG course was someone who used a Frisbee and/or was obviously playing for the first time and didn't follow the rules and etiquette of golf.

"Hello?"

"Yes, I'm almost done."

"No, we've got like 3 holes to go."

"Ok, ok, OK!"

"Bye."

*hangs up the phone* "Damn, she knows I'm playing golf. I'm gonna quit bring this damn phone with me."

Or better, take it with you and put it on vibrate.

That's a great.....great throw......

Your screen name and that first post made me laugh so hard, I spit some tea on my computer. VERY NICE! :clap::D

I love saying "shot of your life." You can use it for good shots or bad shots. I feel like it really gets in peoples heads on good ones and makes them feel like straq's on bad ones.

I played with a Senior GrandMaster a few years back, and he threw a bad drive, then when he got to his disc, he marked it then said "Time to make some Lemonade" before he threw. I thought it was just so odd and funny, but very appropriate to the situation.

Plinko- the game show from price is right for a disc hitting a tree and every branch on the way down. "The slightest of ticks" my friend when he barely ticked a tree and sent it right up toward the basket. Has been in use ever since. He also always uses kinda sorta. And a new favorite out at the course is "Bob Johnson" it can really be used for any type or shot or situation and is better to say that then swearing. Also horse and donkeys are used a lot. We have horses that ride around the park sometimes and there is a donkey that you can hear all the time going nuts at the farm next to the park.