• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

Other than those who have their own signature series, I haven't a clue what kinda bag any pro of uses. Knowing locals who use a certain product and being able to see how it works for them and how they like it after using it for a while... that factors into my decision making.

Grip is so popular from the foot hold it scored in the market not because they are head and shoulders above every other bag
^No doubt - but a big part of their gaining and solidifying that foothold had to do with quality and cust service. If that wasn't in place, their foothold wouldn't have been so solid. It may not be the best, but you don't hear many people complaining about it.

Last edited:
Hey guys just got my A series bag. I have two L series bags and they are great. The A series I got today seem like there is a problem with it. The bag is slanted towards the front. My L series bag sits straight up and down. This one tips over just with a little nudge. It almost falls over on its own. I sent grip an email. I am just wondering if anyone else has seen this. There is no way this is right. When my 6 yr old niece says it does not look right you know there is a problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 102
mine leans forward as well, i took the rain fly and stuck it in that front bottom pocket so it leans on it and keeps it upright

Hey guys just got my A series bag. I have two L series bags and they are great. The A series I got today seem like there is a problem with it. The bag is slanted towards the front. My L series bag sits straight up and down. This one tips over just with a little nudge. It almost falls over on its own. I sent grip an email. I am just wondering if anyone else has seen this. There is no way this is right. When my 6 yr old niece says it does not look right you know there is a problem.

It's correct. It's a feature of the A-series. It might even be mentioned on the the grip website. It sits forward like that to keep the top weight centered between the 2 long feet. When full of discs, it should sit better than the L-series bags. My L-series falls over backwards much easier than my buddies A-series just because of all that top weight being more centered on the A-series and being all they was to the back on the L-series. Factor in the weight of the shoulder straps also being on the back and you can see why the L-series wanted to tip backwards and why they made the change.

I added a 1/2 spacer on the front cross rail and the bag sits nice and is not as tippy. Am I just being picky? My other grip bags rarely fell over. This one seems more prone to falling over..... Anyone else out there have an opinion on the stance of these bags?

I added a 1/2 spacer on the front cross rail and the bag sits nice and is not as tippy. Am I just being picky? My other grip bags rarely fell over. This one seems more prone to falling over..... Anyone else out there have an opinion on the stance of these bags?

Is this with it fully loaded?

I just put an order in for one of these. I wasnt too interested in getting one, but for the sale price, i couldnt pass it up

Chalk it down as a early X-mas present to myself

Now comes the dreaded wait while it ships. How long do they normally take to arrive?

I just added a piece of wood the same size as the rail and used double sided tape. If I do the mod I will get a piece of plastic and cut out to the correct size. Than drill out the front three rivets. Remove the rail. Than add the spacer, cross rail, and some hardware to keep the rail in place. Done!

back to the most relevant question... Do you have it loaded up with discs/etc or is it empty? I recall it being tippy when empty by design; it needs THINGS

if you look at the pic, your L-series is an L shape sitting there
your A-series is in the shape of an A

It's correct. It's a feature of the A-series. It might even be mentioned on the the grip website. It sits forward like that to keep the top weight centered between the 2 long feet. When full of discs, it should sit better than the L-series bags. My L-series falls over backwards much easier than my buddies A-series just because of all that top weight being more centered on the A-series and being all they was to the back on the L-series. Factor in the weight of the shoulder straps also being on the back and you can see why the L-series wanted to tip backwards and why they made the change.

I want to believe that, but I just don't. I have both the L-series and the A-series full of discs and they both fall over just as easy. The only difference is the L-series likes to fall over backwards, but it's almost impossible to tip it forward on its face. The A-series has a different weight distribution and it's easy to make it fall on its face but almost impossible to tip over backwards.

When given a push side by side, I actually found that the A-series takes less power to push over than the L-series.

I just put an order in for one of these. I wasnt too interested in getting one, but for the sale price, i couldnt pass it up

Chalk it down as a early X-mas present to myself

Now comes the dreaded wait while it ships. How long do they normally take to arrive?

I ordered mine on Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and FedEx picked it up the same day. I live on the East Coast (Wilmington, NC) and even with the Holiday weekend, it arrived on Tuesday. Less than a week. Not bad.

Latest posts